Chief Engineer, Additive Manufacturing
Southfield, MI, USA | Eaton Corporation
Industry:Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
Eaton’s Research Lab is seeking a Chief Engineer, Additive Manufacturing to join the team. This position is based at our Southfield, MI location.Relocation benefits are being offered with this role.
The position is a senior technical role and will act as the subject matter expert in additive manufacturing processes, materials, and applications.Expectations of this person are to work within a global team to drive value creation utilizing additive manufacturing technologies.The person is responsible for process and qualification of AM applications and driving these technologies into the businesses to create differentiating value to Eaton.Define, guide, and execute on the business and government projects. Responsible for winning funded programs through government and business proposals to contribute to the group’s success.
Maintain and develop key relationships with internal Eaton business groups, external partners in government agencies, universities, and external industrial partners.Build on the technical reputation for Eaton Research Labs through giving internal and external presentations/talks, participation in professional societies and organizations and having a leadership role in conferences. Mentor to the global Eaton additive manufacturing team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Define and execute the technology roadmap for research and development for multiple additive technologies.
- Responsible for the development and deployment of metal binder jetting additive manufacturing within Eaton.
- Responsible for winning funding opportunities to support the technology roadmaps.
- Work with the business leaders to establish their development and deployment strategies.
- Lead research and development projects to meet technical and business milestones.
- Guide and support Eaton businesses through the part qualification process in multiple business units.
- Mentor team members to enable the Eaton Research Labs Additive Manufacturing team meet our objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 10 years of additive manufacturing experience
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- PhD preferred
- Additive manufacturing technologies including metal binder jetting (MBJ), laser powder bed fusion (L-PBF), selective laser sintering (SLS), fused deposition modeling (FDM), stereolithography/digital light projection technologies, modeling and simulation, design for additive manufacturing, additive manufacturing application development in aerospace and non-aerospace businesses
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with people of diverse background, and influence without authority. Has shown the ability to driving toward accomplishing big things and put together strategic plans. Demonstration of business acumen in technology development.
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Already a member? Sign In