Chief Engineer - Systems Engineer SME
Langley-Eustis, VA, USA | NTT Data
Job Description:85 people have viewed this job
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Chief Engineer - Systems Engineer SME to join our team in Langley-Eustis, Virginia (US-VA), United States (US).
In the role of Chief Engineer – Systems Engineer SME, you will use industry best practices to lead the team in the conduct of Application Mapping and Assessment of the client’s IT applications to provide a comprehensive assessment of applications. This mapping and assessment activity consists of all applications, middleware, databases, and any other relevant factors or components of the infrastructure. In this role you will develop and describe an approach and methodology for understanding of the benefits and implications of moving individual applications or groups of applications to the cloud. You will use existing frameworks and data fields as prescribed by the FDCCI, Global Force Management Data Initiative; International Standards for dates; Geopolitical Entities, Names and Codes, Common (GENC); Joint Consultation, Command and Control Exchange Data Model; or Resource Description Framework standards and schemas. You will oversee the team in the identification and documentation of critical dependencies between applications and data; the development of an approach to developing application evaluation criteria, profiling and dependency mapping; and an approach for the decomposition of applications and identification of common functions and services that can potentially be migrated to the cloud, and identification of potential shared services.
Candidates for this position will be required to adhere to NTT DATA’s and its clients’ COVID-19 health and safety protocols. NTT DATA is committed to complying with the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force COVID-19 Workplace Safety Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors to the extent it is enforced by the federal government or any of its clients. If this position becomes subject to a COVID-19 vaccination mandate based on applicable law or client requirement, candidates will be required to become fully vaccinated as defined by NTT DATA or be approved for an exemption in accordance with applicable law.
• Possess a current Secret clearance
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Twelve years of relevant experience in system design, technical project leadership, and/or SME level consulting
• Recognized AWS and/or Azure cloud certification
• 8570 compliant for IAT III (One of: CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH)
• Five years experience supporting DoD or Army clients in management or leadership role
• Master of Arts or Science preferred
• Enterprise Architecture certification (e.g. DoDAF or FEAF)
• Top level technical expert in one or more highly specialized phases of systems engineering
• Possesses and routinely applies expert knowledge of systems engineering processes and procedures to the completion of highly complex assignments
• Ability to consistently apply expert knowledge of systems engineering to the most complex problems and to direct, train and guide less experienced systems engineers
• Ability to identify and focus upon projects which will contribute to NTT DATA's business success over the long-term
• Ability to recommend improvements in processes and procedures that ensure quality and result in increased operating efficiencies
• Advanced knowledge of software development concepts and processes and ability to apply to recommended courses of action
Already a member? Sign In