Colorado Springs, CO, USA | Private Defense Contractor
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
Perspecta is seeking a Chief Engineer for the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex (NCMC) - Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA) and Space Support Contract II (NISSC II). The Chief Engineer is ultimately responsible for all engineering aspects of NISSC II including system engineering, integration planning, and test engineering. The Chief Engineer will be responsible for the quality of Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) performance, Risk Management plans, system safety, environmental and infrastructure systems, Program Protection planning, and engineering studies. The Chief Engineer will oversee Requirements Analysis and Configuration Management, Design Reviews, and Development, Integration, and Test Capability, and External Interface Impact Assessments.
• Plan, coordinate, and direct the technical personnel involved in providing engineering services in fulfillment of the contract
• Provide guidance and subject matter expertise for system designs, development, test, deployment, and sustainment
• Provide technical leadership to support technical planning, integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness for the NISSC II systems
• Manage and control schedules and cost to provide on time, within budget, performance of engineering aspects of the contractual effort
• Develop Engineering Change Proposals and Rough Order of Magnitude cost estimate
• Manage multiple teams led by subordinate managers and/or supervisors, including subcontractor personnel
• Present Engineering content at all Milestone Reviews
• Interface with senior Government personnel, technical and non-technical staff, subcontractors, and support personnel
• Support process improvement and innovation
• Master's degree in engineering, science, business, or related field with 15+ years of relevant management experience or Doctorate degree with 13+ years of relevant management experience of technical staff on a highly complex technical program.
• 5+ years of recent experience as a Lead Engineer on large (over $150M total value) DoD programs encompassing multiple geographically dispersed locations.
• Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
• Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Active DoD TS/SCI clearance.
• Advanced degree in engineering, science, business, or related field.
• Prior Air Force Space Command, Air Force Life Cycle Management Command, Electronic Systems Center experience or similar experience with the Space Surveillance mission area.
• Experience with ITIL service desk implementation and monitoring
• Experience with Agile and DevOps processes