Richfield, MN, USA | U.S. Bank Wealth Management
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:62 people have viewed this job
U.S. Bank is seeking a motivated Chief Engineer with strong leadership abilities to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Provides a combination of technical and business leadership while being the primary trusted and capable owner of one or more high priority, high visibility, complex focused initiatives that typically cross multiple technology and business line areas. Will typically have a small number of direct reports (e.g., an architect, systems analyst, etc.) and provide guidance to a larger community including affected systems, program management, and test leadership.
- Accountable for solution design and delivery executed by Technology & Operations Services (TOS), the business line and vendor partners.
- Hands on participation in proof of concept, hack-a-thon, research, evaluation and recommendation of emerging technologies.
- Appropriately governs program technology and adoption of key strategic architecture principles (micro-services, rules engines, streaming, cloud, and data strategies).
- Act as an interface with TOS and business partners, vendors and subject matter experts (SMEs) for solution design and delivery; provide counsel to the business line during ideation stages.
- Proactively communicate statuses, issues, risks and mitigation to senior leadership; serve as a primary project issue escalation point.
- Drives alignment and influences vendor partner product strategy.
- Develops and communicates program visions and roadmaps.
- Advises on solution definition, planning and high-level design.
- Communicate strategic technology vision and partner with capability delivery teams to ensure alignment of technology and business capability solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in business, MIS, engineering, computer science, mathematics, any science, or equivalent work experience
- Ten or more years of experience in delivering software-based solutions
- Advanced knowledge of a range of delivery processes such as: planning, development, project management, migration, testing, architecture, security, vendor management, risk and system performance management
- Thorough understanding of multiple development methods with the ability to select the most appropriate approach with little to no consultation
- Strong technology architecture skills, currency with technology industry, demonstrated success in delivering complex software based solutions
- Experience with building and deploying cloud based micro-services
- Knowledge of streaming architecture and advanced integration strategies
- Experience in hack-a-thon and proof of concept efforts
- Exposure to dev ops and automation is a plus
- Well-developed leadership abilities and strategic management skills
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s degree
Alrdeady a member? Sign In