Chief Enterprise Architect
Des Moines, IA, USA | Principal Financial Group
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
It’s an exciting time to be an employee at Principal®! We have been accelerating our investments in digital business strategies. We are investing in customer experience which allows our IT teams to partner closely with marketing throughout the company to create best-in-class digital experiences.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Enterprise Architect to join our team and help us develop the architectural direction and guidance to accurately align technology in support of the needs of our company. In doing so, you’ll gain an understanding of our customer’s needs so that we can generate the best customer experience possible and make a strategic impact across the enterprise.
The Chief Enterprise Architect (CEA) is responsible for guiding the enterprise through transformation and optimization initiatives helping the organization grow revenue, optimize costs and mitigate risks. The CEA will apply existing, new and emerging technologies to transform and optimize business and operating models while aligning to the enterprise strategy. The CEA will be responsible for defining EA processes and leading the integration of these processes with other related business and IT processes.
This role is instrumental in developing, sustaining, and promoting strategic architecture within our IT organization!
- Lead and manage the EA practice. Drive the enterprise’s top and bottom lines by applying EA as an enabler of strategy and technology innovation.
- Anticipate and react to major technology game-changers impacting the organization.
- Identify technology-enabled innovations that ensure the company and leadership are well positioned to capitalize and build a competitive advantage.
- Evaluate the impact of highly strategic projects across the enterprise, to ensure alignment with defined technology strategy and architecture.
- Recommend appropriate course of action to senior management and figure out right balance between risk and agility.
- Lead the analysis of business and operating models, market trends and the technology industry to determine the potential impact on business strategy and direction.
- Master's or bachelor’s degree in computer science, technology, engineering or math-related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience required,15 preferred in strategic and operations planning and/or business analysis.
- Three plus years validated experience in an IT management and familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, agile and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and EA frameworks.
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture and knowledge of business ecosystems.
- Sophisticated planning/organizational, problem-solving, analytical, time management, decision-making, and interpersonal skills required, as well as proven leadership and basic presentation skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical plans, strategies, and designs to all levels of the company.
- Must be able to maintain accuracy and a high degree of confidentiality.
- Basic knowledge of insurance and financial services products preferred.
- Basic knowledge of business unit applications preferred.
Already a member? Sign In