Chief Executive Officer
Alameda, CA, USA | Alameda Alliance
Industry:Insurance - Health & Life
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:1 people have viewed this job
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the ongoing operation of Alliance services and products to ensure financial integrity and viability and that its goals and objectives are achieved. This position is accountable to the Alliance and Board of Governors for the implementation of Corporate and Board policies and directives and recommends any changes needed in administration, operation or policy. Other principal responsibilities include:
- Acting as the Governing Board’s duly authorized representative in any manner deemed appropriate.
- Managing the Executive Management staff of the Alliance including hiring and termination of key management personnel.
- Acting as a liaison with all community groups and public agencies as deemed appropriate.
- Coordinating the activities of major consultants for the development of specific activities.
- Maintaining positive corporate relationships within the county agencies, community-based organizations, and within the contracted provider networks.
- Advocating legislative actions that correspond to Alliance
- Developing long- and short-range business plans for the Alliance in accordance with Governing Board objectives.
- Assisting and directing each key division (Health Care Services, Finance, Information Technology, Operations, Analytics, Compliance, Health Equity, Integrated Planning, and Human Resources) toward the achievement of their respective goals.
- Working closely with the senior staff of the Alliance to carry-out all corporate objectives and goals.
- Presiding as Chairperson, at the request of the Chairperson of the Board of Governors, when the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson are absent.
- Serving as an ex-officio, voting member of the Board and its standing committees.
- Executing legal instruments on behalf of the Alliance which are consistent with the policies and decisions of the Board.
- Monitoring developments in health care reform and financing at the state and federal level and ensure that the policies, programs, and strategies of the Alliance comply with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
- Advocating policies, programs and strategies that are consistent with those of the Alliance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Manage and supervise senior personnel of each Alliance division toward the achievement of their respective goals.
- Develop long and short range strategic business plans for the Alliance.
- Legislative monitoring and advocating ensuring consistency with Alliance objectives.
- Public relation activities: presentations, speeches and senior management level briefings.
- Analysis and upgrading of annual budgets for Governing Board approval.
- Implementation of all Governing Board objectives/policies.
- Recruitment of senior staff.
- Coordinate the activities of consultants and other key personnel for specific objectives.
- Comply with the organization’s Code of Conduct, all regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
- Constant sitting and working at desk.
- Frequent use of the keyboard and/or mouse.
- Occasional use of telephone head set.
- Frequent verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
- Frequent lifting of folders and other objects weighing between 0 and 30 lb.
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent driving of automobiles.
- Frequent travel via commercial aircraft.
Number of Employees Supervised: 400 - 500
Number of Direct Reports: 7-10
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
- Masters Degree in Public Health Administration or equivalent work experience required.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Ten years experience in executive management leadership, overseeing a managed healthcare organization is required.
- Five years experience dealing with public assistance programs in the public sector preferred.
- Three years experience reporting directly to a Board of Governors preferred.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
- Experience in using managed care concepts within public sector health delivery systems.
- Proven ability to maintain an effective professional liaison with a Board of Governors.
- Extensive experience with public assistance programs and public agencies.
- Experience in use of various computer system software as well as Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Salary Range: $457,115.00 - $807,395.00/annually
Already a member? Sign In