Chief Executive Officer
Manchester, United Kingdom | Leading Hospitality, Travel, & Leisure Company
Industry:Hospitality, Travel, & Leisure
Job Description:103 people have viewed this job
British Taekwondo is the National Governing Body for Olympic Taekwondo in Great Britain and the recognised Member National Association of World Taekwondo. With a 17,000 membership across the whole of the United Kingdom, the martial art & sport has a thriving club and instructor network. British Taekwondo work in collaboration with GB Taekwondo (the elite athlete and Olympic Programme Organisation) who are bringing a series of World Class events to Britain over the next 4 years.
British Taekwondo is currently looking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to lead this exciting organisation.
The successful applicant will:
• Spearhead the strategic direction and culture of British Taekwondo and act as an ambassador for the organisation
• Ensure British Taekwondo works within agreed organisational values and consistently delivers against its strategic objectives
• Lead the day to day running of British Taekwondo, ensuring the effective delivery of its business plan and strategy
• Work with the Board of Directors on matters relating to workforce, finance, corporate governance, Taekwondo development and services, marketing, communications, public relations and risk management.
• Guarantee that safeguarding is embedded throughout the British Taekwondo in accordance with safeguarding legislation, British Taekwondo safeguarding policy, best practice guidance and education programmes.
• Build relevant value for British Taekwondo members, clubs, and instructors and ensure that clubs are developing and the membership increasing.
• Attract increased investment into British Taekwondo by maximising assets and continually raising the profile, image and reputation of the British Taekwondo brand amongst stakeholders.
• Create effective and collaborative delivery of Taekwondo by representing British Taekwondo at the highest levels including World Taekwondo, World Taekwondo Europe, Sport England, Leading Hospitality, Travel, & Leisure Company, GB Taekwondo, members and stakeholder family, commercial partners.
The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to the development of Taekwondo nationally; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
Occasional attendance at weekend Taekwondo events will be required.
• Define the British Taekwondo business plan and strategy in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
• Deliver the objectives of the British Taekwondo business plan and strategy with support of the Board of Directors, sub-committees, working groups and staff ensuring key performance indicators are monitored and delivered.
• Develop and present progress reports on the delivery of the business plan and strategy to the Board of Directors for regular monitoring and evaluation
• Develop and implement the British Taekwondo’s marketing and public relations strategies
• Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with key stakeholders such as World Taekwondo, World Taekwondo Europe, Sport England, Leading Hospitality, Travel, & Leisure Company, commercial partners, members, GB Taekwondo and stakeholder family
• Comply with general data protection regulations (GDPR)
• Develop and maintain company policies and procedures.
• Develop and implement strategies to grow profitably, diversify income and manage budgets.
• Act as the accounting officer in accordance to guidelines and requirements set out by the Board of Directors
• Ensure that British Taekwondo is run with sound financial governance.
Skills & experience
• A proven track record in leadership, staff management and running a business, ideally at NGB sport CEO level.
• A dynamic leader with experience of managing change, and the ability to develop a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
• Experience of commercial management, governance framework, safeguarding policies, disciplinary procedures and working with a Board.
• Knowledge of Taekwondo would be desirable.