Chief Executive Officer
New York, NY, USA | Redesign Health
Industry:Wellness / Fitness / Spa
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
The Opportunity: Enable retirees to proactively script their next life chapter
As we live longer, entering retirement is no longer seen as an ending point but more as a starting point for people to use their free time to engage and explore their interests & passions in a meaningful way. Instead of being about slowing down, retirement is increasingly about exploring new creative directions and proactively scripting the next chapters of their lives. The technology and media platforms that dominate our lives are yet to offer a one-stop-shop for enthusiasts and creators looking for meaningful connections and growth. We aspire to fill the void by shaping a community that will help this cohort explore, engage and realize aspirations.
Our vision is to create an all-encompassing platform that enables creators and enthusiasts to engage purposefully, foster learning and meaningful connections, and achieve life goals.
We are looking for a CEO that can play an active role in bringing the above vision to life.
What you’ll do:
• Shape the vision, define the overall strategy from launch to scale.
• Attract, develop and retain top talent that will play an active role in realizing the vision.
• Provide clear direction and set goals for the functional teams
• Lead fundraising to support growth
• Build and maintain key external partnerships & relationships as the chief external voice of the business.
• Provide transparent and timely updates to the Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders.
• Create and sustain a great company culture with articulated values that provides inspired leadership and enables a great working relationship to the team across all levels.
What you’ll need:
- 15+ years of executive-level experience at social media or community platform - you understand how to evaluate & prioritize both users’ needs to develop a sticky, delightful product and how to deploy a compelling content strategy to achieve business goals.
- 10+ years of experience managing at least 25 employees - including leaders of leaders - as it relates to KPI-setting, periodic reviews, and employee development.
- Experience in building digital-social and user-generated content communitiesparticularly in the early stages of that platform/community where the path to engagement & success wasn’t apparent and well defined.
- Proven track record of building successful, high-growth businesses or business lines from the ground up, including iterating/refining business models on the path to scale.
- Drives Vision and Purpose. Talks about future possibilities in a positive way. Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision. Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organization-wide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision. Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others into action.
- Action Orientation. Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues. Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Drives Results. Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps others achieve results. Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Resiliency. Is confident under pressure. Handles and manages crises effectively. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Bounces back from setbacks. Grows from hardships and negative experiences. Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Financial Acumen. Understands the meaning and implications of key financial indicators. Uses financial analysis and tools to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities.
Already a member? Sign In