Chief Financial Development Officer
West Barnstable, MA, USA | YMCA
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:90 people have viewed this job
The CEO seeks a creative, experienced, professional to provide strategic leadership in financial development to advance the YMCA’s mission through annual giving, government and foundation grants, endowment bequests and gifts and capital campaigns. The incumbent will assist the CEO in developing an actively engaged fundraising volunteer board of directors, and in positioning the YMCA as a “charity of choice” for the investment of donations within the local community.
· A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred. Eight or more years of professional experience with a background in fundraising in the YMCA or another not-for-profit preferred.
· Ability to relate to top community leaders.
· Working knowledge of giving and charitable vehicles.
· Ability to create interpretive materials to enable potential donors to understand the YMCA and how they contribute to the achievement of its mission.
·Knowledge of the media and its use in gaining exposure for YMCA events and programs.
· Foundation and government grant writing expertise.
· CFRE or equivalent preferred; YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred.
· Directs and coordinates association capital development, annual campaign and endowment programs.
· Serves as primary staff to the Financial Development Committee and other assigned committees of the Board of Directors. Develops strategies to increase volunteer involvement at all levels of financial development.
· Develops processes and is actively involved in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gift prospects. Maintains database resource file on top community leaders.
· Prepares and coordinates proposals for grants from government sources and private foundations.
· Develops systems and manages resources needed to carry out the fundraising plans. Establishes and monitors the financial development department budget for the YMCA.
· Develops appropriate fundraising policies and procedures for the association.
· Tracks all gifts and pledges by source and purpose and provides reports as needed.
· Provides training in fund raising.Educates, motivates and provides feedback to individuals related to best practices in the fundraising process.
· Develops the organization’s case for support in various campaigns to insure staff, volunteers, members, participants, and the community understand community needs and the organization’s impact on the community.
· Represents the association as required by the President.
· Attends staff meetings and trainings.
· Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.Completes reports as necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
Already a member? Sign In