Chief Financial Officer Academic
Phoenix, AZ, USA | America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
Industry:Insurance - Health & Life
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:62 people have viewed this job
This position is responsible for driving and supporting financial operations, programs and processes, with focus on quality of outcomes and superior service. Promotes a collaborative, open, and inclusive work environment within a highly matrixes organization, and serves as a primary advisor to entity/division senior management. This position is responsible for serving as a role model to staff across the system and representing Banner in a positive manner both within and outside the organization.
1. Guides the development and implementation of short and long-range goals and objectives for the entity/division. Provides leadership and expertise in the development, implementation, oversight, and evaluation of financial operations. Incorporates best practices and responds to emerging trends to enhance operations, programs, and/or services. Implements and evaluates strategic programs, develops effective tools to measure performance, analyzes related data, prepares reports, and makes recommendations to senior leadership based on findings.
2. Directs, supervises, and evaluates the work of direct staff and matrixes employees. Accountable for achieving plans and performance targets. Works with cross-functional team members to identify and resolve the most complex issues and problems impacting benefits. Supports development and continued professional growth to meet company and individual goals for long-term success. Demonstrates an expectation for continuous quality improvement utilizing processes that include consideration of all stakeholders.
3. Builds and supports effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and organizations. Develops partnerships, coordinates activities, reviews work, exchanges information, and/or resolves problems.
4. Directs and participates in the development, implementation, and consistent application of effective organizational policies, procedures, and practices. Develops and supports internal controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded, policies and operating procedures are followed, necessary controls are effective and efficient, and compliance with current laws and regulations is achieved.
5. Develops and oversees the department budget to meet corporate goals and objectives. Meets annual budgetary goals. Translates organizational plans, goals, and initiatives into assumptions for annual operating and/or capital budgets. Negotiates contracts with external vendors for products and/or services and monitors/evaluates quality and/or performance. Manages and reports expenditures and accounts payable transactions.
6. Communicates the department vision, translating it into actionable projects and activities. Maximizes management staff's contributions and assures timely decision-making reflecting the mission, vision, and values of the system.
7. Reviews, prepares, analyzes, and presents reports and recommendations to senior leadership regarding operations, programs, services, and/or other applicable areas of interest in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making.
8. Participates as a subject-matter expert and may lead or facilitate task forces, teams, and/or councils to plan, implement and coordinate programs, services, and/or activities for the organization. May serve as a staff resource to the organization's Governing Board and/or applicable committees.
9. This position has direct leadership accountability for financial operations within the designated entity and/or division. This position requires the skill to negotiate and influence. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and/or the community.
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience.
Depending upon assigned area of responsibility, position may require applicable certifications and/or licensures, including but not limited to: RN; MD or DO; Driver's License; Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA); Certified Protection Professional (CPP); Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU); Associate in Risk Management (ARM); CPA; SPHR; Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT); Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM); Certified Facility Manager (CFM); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); JD from an American Bar Association accredited school; admission to a State Bar Association.
Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned or related area of responsibility as normally obtained through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience, including a minimum of two years management level experience within a healthcare system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment. Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Already a member? Sign In