Chief Financial Officer (Manufacturing)
Farmingdale, NJ, USA | Vault
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
The chief financial officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. Principal accountabilities are:
· Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
· Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
· Develop financial and tax strategies
· Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
· Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company's strategic direction
· Assist with high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
· Help with recruiting new staff members when necessary.
· Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
· Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
· Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company.
· Supervise financial reporting and budgeting team.
· Review financial reports for ways to reduce costs.
· Work well with CEO, and COO to develop the strategic plan.
· Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
· Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
· Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
· Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
· Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
· Implement operational best practices
· Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
· Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
· Oversee the issuance of financial information
· Report financial results to the board of directors
· Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
· Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
· Construct and monitor reliable control systems
· Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
· Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
· Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
· Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
· Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
· Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
· Arrange for debt financing and equity financing
· Invest funds
· Invest pension funds
· Participate in conference calls with the investment community
· Maintain banking relationships
· Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
Working Conditions: Will work in an office environment. Extensive travel to company subsidiaries will be necessary, as well as for investor road shows.
Supervises: Controller, Tax Manager, Human Resources Manager,
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, master degree or MBA.
· Experience in a senior management position.
· Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
· Experience with corporate governance.
· Proven negotiation skills.
· Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow.
· Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
· Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
· Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
Already a member? Sign In