Chief Financial Officer
Denver, CO, USA | Vantage Data Centers
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
This new role at Vantage is critical to our continued success and scaling as the company continues to rapidly expand. Given the levels of growth and investment in the industry, Vantage Data Centers is looking to hire an experienced senior finance professional (ie. CFO, SVP, Finance) to lead finance and accounting functions for North America. This role will report to the Global CFO based in Denver, CO and work closely with the North American President. Holding a senior and influential position, the successful candidate will be expected to own and drive the financial performance of the business as well as raising and managing the capital needed to facilitate future growth. While the incoming CFO will be able to leverage an established team, this position will be responsible for continuing to improve processes, reporting and financial management of the business across North America (bringing strong financial discipline and rigor to the business).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Partner with North American President and other senior leaders to drive prudent growth in the business (not a risk taker,
not risk adverse but willing to take a position).
• Interact with SVP, Treasurer to raise capital and negotiate to ensure the best commercial terms for the North American business.
• Lead the finance organization as a strategic thinker with intellectual curiosity who may not know all the answers but is willing to ask questions (good and bad) in an effort to provide thought leadership.
• Manage a finance team as one unit despite teammates located in various locations (management experience of a dispersed team).
• Budget and forecast with appropriate levels of fidelity (bottom up and top down).
• Report, own, and drive financial performance of the business.
• Develop and implement KPIs for delivery to the executive team as well as Vantage investors.
• Lead a large and complex construction spend given different rules, regulations, and requirements for US and Canadian construction.
• Handle complexity of financial reporting and money flows for Vantage North America.
• Drive strategic financing solutions to facilitate business growth (i.e. capital raising).
• Review and provide perspective on corporate development efforts (i.e. new market investment and customer pricing models).
• Masters in Business Administration or equivalent experience preferred.
• 10+ years of experience in finance team management, financial reporting and investors relations, 15+ years preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA preferred) with a breadth of finance experience across financial control, commercial finance, and finance change.
• Prior experience raising capital is essential with the ability to present with confidence to investors.
• This individual will be a strong leader who is able to be hands on and strategic, supporting the complexity and scale of the business as it continues to expand, particularly around best practices, people, and process change.
• Empathetic and proactive leader who is a team player and can coach, mentor, and develop the team as well as foster a positive culture. Must have experience managing a multi-site team and be willing to take time to listen to feedback from across the organization.
• The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and will be expected to influence leaders across the business, present to investors, bring strong stakeholder management skills and demonstrate a high degree of executive presence.
• Strong cultural fit with Vantage Data Centers; humble, ethical, goal oriented, insatiable work ethic and dynamic.
• Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be an independent thinker, entrepreneurial, and someone who takes ownership.
• Prior experience in data centers, real estate, or construction industries is beneficial but not essential.
Already a member? Sign In