Chief Financial Officer
London, United Kingdom | Government of United Kingdom
Industry:Government / Military
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:80 people have viewed this job
Birmingham, Bristol, London, Warrington You will be required to be in London for a minimum of 2 days per week
About the job
The Chief Financial Officer leads on Finance, Commercial and Estate and Fleet Operations for the Agency. You will be responsible for driving alignment to the functions, strategies, and standards established across Government for these areas. You will also ensure the Agency has effective business and investment plans to support the delivery of the strategy.
You will be responsible for delivering a high quality service, combining robust information and analysis to provide insight and constructive challenge, to effectively support strategic innovation and sound business decisions across the Agency.
You will develop and maintain a respected and collaborative professional team which commands credibility at all levels and promotes a culture of value for money across the organisation.
You will ensure the Agency adheres to the principles of Managing Public Money and that the Accounting Officer’s position is considered in all relevant decisions.
You will lead on negotiations with the Home Office, Treasury and Cabinet Office on resources and efficiency. You will be a member of the NCA Board and a regular attendee at the cross Government Financial Leadership Group (FLG) and other relevant groups to ensure close working with our partners.
Financial strategy, business planning and investment analysis
• Lead work on spending and efficiency reviews and other fiscal events
• Develop and operate an effective medium term financial planning process as a basis for prioritising and allocating resources and investments, working closely with the NCA strategy and planning team
• Ensure resources are aligned to delivery plans, and anticipated and addressed in good time
Ensure robust investment appraisals and return on investment reports are developed for all significant projects/programmes to maximise the impact of the change portfolio
• Deliver business focused, responsive expert business partner service that balances Agency perspectives with an understanding of local delivery priorities and pressures
• Challenge and support decision makers regarding affordability and value for money
Financial reporting and processing
• Provide consistent, robust, timely and relevant financial monitoring, forecasts and value added analysis to support better management of resources and more efficient decision making
• Produce accurate and timely report and accounts to meet all HMT and NAO requirements
• Oversee all financial transactions to ensure effective internal controls, compliance with Accounting Officer requirements, and that no key controls are breached
Estates, commercial and corporate responsibilities
• Set and deliver an estates strategy that meets the operational requirements of the Agency
Tim SalmonSenior Consultant , NCACFO@allenlane.co.uk, 07921 335 786
• Manage the NCA estate and oversee the Organisational Services provision to operational delivery colleagues, including front line services and equipment, such as facilities management, fleet, lead role on efficiencies, security guarding, post and stationery
• Ensure provision of efficient, responsive and continuously improving facilities management services across the Agency
• Set the Agency’s commercial strategy and lead NCA commercial capability, including both business as usual procurement and the commercial requirements of the Agency’s change programme
• Ensure effective management of the Agency’s suppliers • The post holder has delegated responsibility as Police Pension Authority/Scheme Manager. They are required to ensure compliance with scheme regulations and other police pensions legislation which also include day to day oversight of the scheme regulations and other pension legislation. •
Other duties commensurate with the role such as out of hours duty cover, member of theAgency data authorisation panel.
• Corporate Business Services establishment: 170 FTE
• Budget: £50m (estimate)
• Non Pay Budget: £42m plus Pay Budget: £8m
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Recognised financial qualification (ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA etc.)
• Ability to acquire and retain DV status
• Ability to build and lead high performing teams
• Experience of (or exposure to) operating successfully in central Government, law enforcement or a large, complex public sector financial environment
• Ability to initiate and implement transformational change, particularly to reduce cost.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Experience of managing commercial and procurement teams
• Experience of managing operational support services
• Ability to command -accredited to manage critical incidents, Gold Group, multi-agency meetings and undercover authorities.
• The NCA is a 24/7 organisation, and working patterns must support business requirements. You may be required to respond at short notice or outside of core hours.
• Individuals will be required to undertake and pass a substance misuse test as part of pre-employment checks
Recognised financial qualification (ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA, etc)
Already a member? Sign In