Chief Financial Officer
Reno, NV, USA | Universal Health Services, Inc.
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
The Financial Officer is an executive level management position of Prominence Health Plan responsible for the financial activities of the Prominence Health Plan companies, including Prominence HealthFirst, Prominence Preferred Health Insurance Company, CDS of Nevada, Inc., Nevada Preferred Healthcare Providers and Prominence HealthFirst of Texas, Inc.Responsibilities include Health Plans accounting and financial reporting, regulatory reporting and Statutory accounting, planning and analysis, budgeting, oversite of actuarial services, underwriting and final pricing decisions, IBNR reserve preparation, premium billing and collection, and oversight and coordination with the centralized accounting, reporting, and accounts payable functions provided by corporate accounting.Additionally, this executive is responsible for the Information Services and Provider Contracting functions of Prominence Health Plan and for the coordination of the annual reinsurance program.This executive also actively participates with the and other key executives in the development and implementation of key initiatives.
’s Degree preferred
10 plus years’ experience in a financial leadership role within a managed care system.
Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Proven ability to establish sustainable relationships with clients (brokers and employer groups), regulatory agencies, third-party partners, and internal functional areas.
· Deep understanding of health care delivery and financing, its component parts, and their inter-relationship for alignment of incentives and information that will positively impact the performance of the Prominence Health Plan companies.
· Excellent analytical skills which enable the identification of financial improvement opportunities and the establishment of practical and actionable paths, both internally and externally that will lead to desired outcomes. Ability to drill down within quantitative and qualitative analysis, both individually and in concert with others to problem solve and define clear paths of corrective action.
· Familiarity with regulatory compliance requirements and ability to monitor delegated third party partners and internal operational areas. Demonstrated ability to resolve regulatory audit issues through corrective action plans and proactive process design.
· Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.Ability to articulate vision in a clear and effective manner that is translatable into aligned action. Ability to mentor internal staff.
· Demonstrated ability to build capacity consistent with the UHS’ growth targets.
· Excellent human relations skills with the ability to impact and influence results.
· Strong project management and plan execution skills with the ability to respond to multiple competing priorities.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In