Chief Financial Officer
San Francisco, CA, USA | Assembly Biosciences
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:114 people have viewed this job
Company is searching for a strategic CFO who will oversee our global financial strategy and be the expert point of contact for strategic partnerships, fundraising and investor relations. The core of the CFO position is externally facing; however, equally as important will be your ability to provide tactical guidance and strategic leadership to your high-performing Finance & Accounting team.
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team.
- Work with senior executives and the Board of Directors to establish financial and strategic goals for the company, and financial and investing strategies to meet specific business objectives, legal, regulatory and securities reporting requirements.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-range financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Maintain the company’s relationships with the financial and shareholder communities.
- Oversee all aspects of financial planning and reporting including the controller function, accounting, treasury, and tax on a global basis to ensure compliance with financial reporting standards, shareholder requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field; CPA and MBA highly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a publicly traded corporation, preferably as CFO.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising and partnering in the life sciences industry.
- Established relationships in the life sciences investor community.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing innovative therapeutics targeting hepatitis B virus (HBV) and diseases associated with the microbiome. The HBV program is focused on advancing a new class of potent, oral core inhibitors that have the potential to increase cure rates for chronically infected patients. The microbiome program is developing novel oral live microbial biotherapeutic candidates with Assembly Bio’s fully integrated platform, including a robust process for strain identification and selection, GMP banking and production, and targeted delivery to the lower gastrointestinal tract with the GEMICEL® technology.
We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach to developing biopharmaceutical agents from live biotherapeutic products. ABI-M201, our lead program in mildly to moderately active ulcerative colitis (UC), is currently in a phase 1b clinical trial. This program is part of a broader collaboration we established with Allergan in 2017 for gastrointestinal programs such as UC, Crohn’s disease and Irritable Bowel Syndromes with potential total development and commercial milestones of up to $2.8 billion. Our internal pipeline comprises first in class or best in class live microbial biotherapeutic approaches in areas such as oncology, immune mediated and metabolic disorders, and other areas of high medical need.
We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add to our dynamic team of great people who are driven to transform the lives of patients.
Assembly Bio is headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, while the R&D headquarters is in South San Francisco. The Company also has a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and offices in China. Assembly Bio has a strong balance sheet having raised approximately $166 million in July 2018. We are positioned well to build the next phase of the Company toward global development and commercialization of our innovative medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Already a member? Sign In