Chief Financial Officer/Director of Administration
St. Louis, MO, USA | The Rome Group
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:98 people have viewed this job
Lafayette Industries, a mission driven contract packaging business and 501(c)(3) organization, seeks an experienced CFO/Director of Administration. Help lead a first class organization that is the largest single full-time employer of adults with developmental disabilities in Missouri! Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO is responsible for financial administration, budgeting, information technology, human resources, and facility management. Works with the CEO, Board, and Sr. Staff in developing new programs and lines of business.$6 million annual operating budget comprised of public funding, manufacturing revenues and private donations.
- Collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer on strategic and operational issue.
- Makes recommendations based on financial analysis and cost projections, cost identification and allocation of revenue/expenses.
- Serve as liaison to Board of Directors Finance committee and participates in Board meetings.
- Lead organization-wide budgeting process and oversees the implementation of budgets.
- Maintain accounting and payroll systems to ensure that financial records meet GAAP principles.
- Manage and/or perform accounting operations, including A/R, A/P, payroll, monthly financials preparation and budget variance reports.
- Prepare for and manage annual financial audits and IRS Form 990 preparation.
- Provide additional financial reports for grants, fundraising, lines of credit, state and federal funds and other reports as needed.
- Negotiate costs for HRIS systems, employee benefit plans and other services.
- Oversee the technology needs of the organization, including research, price and recommend systems, hardware, software and licensing, IT services and training.
- Ensure staff are procedure/policy compliant to ensure the safety of the organization’s technology, systems, employee databases and other data tracking systems.
- Ten or more years progressive financial and/or administrative leadership experience.
- BS degree in relevant field.CPA preferred. MBA a plus.
- Solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of ADP Payroll System.
- Experience working in a small or mid-sized manufacturing or consumer packaged goods manufacturing organization is preferred.Nonprofit experience is desired.
- Strong planning, financial, analytical, leadership and communication skills.
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, PTO & Personal Days
- Group Health Insurance & HRA (Company contributes towards employee premiums)
- Dental, Vision & Life Insurance available for employees, spouse and dependents
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance available
Already a member? Sign In