Chief Fiscal Officer
St. Louis, MO, USA | The Rome Group
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:106 people have viewed this job
• Prepares agency financial budgets for submission to the Division of Senior Services as required
• Communicates regularly with the Division of Senior Services regarding various items associated with the financial operation of the Agency
• Directs corporate accounting function to ensure that administrative and programmatic accounting procedures adhere to all appropriate published rules and regulations
• Directs the monthly invoicing to the Division of Senior Services for costs incurred during the prior month
• Oversees/prepares Aging Ahead Foundation accounting, reporting, and tax preparation
• Directs and oversees the preparation of Agency Fiscal Policies and Procedures and compliance thereto
• Monitors and reviews all Agency contracts for completeness and Agency’s protection
• Monitors the Agency’s cash flow and invests temporarily surplus in secure investment vehicles
• Acts as co-administrator with Chief Executive Officer on Pension Plan
• Prepares monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors
• Oversees the data processing/AgingIS systems for all locations to ensure that they are appropriately maintained and used efficiently to provide information relative to and essential to the Agency’s operation
• Ensures that all assets are adequately insured against possible loss/destruction and that adequate liability is in force covering all areas that could be subject to claims
• Ensures that a record retention schedule is in effect and followed
• Works with the Chief Executive Officer in reviewing and updating the employee fringe benefit package
• Oversees all banking activity for Agency. Acts as a backup signatory.
• Prepares the annual financial statements and an array of supporting schedules used by the accounting firm performing the annual audit.
• Communicates with the accounting firm in scheduling the timing of the audit and responding to issues that may arise during and after the audit
• Oversees the filing of all city, state, and federal tax forms and appropriate tax remittances
• Oversees all functions identified in the job descriptions for the Fiscal Department staff
• Works with and assists other management and staff personnel in resolving financial related matters
• Performs other functions as may be directed by the Chief Executive Officer
• Maintains a positive attitude about the Agency and upholds the Agency’s mission during work-related and non-work-related interactions with the public and other staff
• Provides a collaborative and respectful environment that welcomes and encourages diversity, inclusion, and equal access to opportunity for employees and participants
• CPA licensure, MBA or MPA plus ten years of experience in an organizational leadership position, heavy general ledger experience, and multiple cost center accounting.
• A high degree of proficiency in spreadsheet applications is mandatory.Exposure to governmental fund accounting is preferred.
• Ability to communicate clearly, orally, and written, and follow through to assure desired results are achieved.
• Capable of designing manual and automated systems to maximize proficiency at a minimum cost.
• Ability to interpret financial statements and report operating results to agency leadership and the Board of Directors. Capable of analyzing current operating results, projecting future operating results, preparing recommended solutions for further improvements, and/or preventing unfavorable results within the projected future time frame.
• Ability to supervise accounting staff to ensure a high level of proficiency.
• Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities such as positivity, self-awareness, active listening, and the ability to align employees with the agency values and goals.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, and automobile insurance as required by the State of Missouri.Travel is occasional and primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel are expected.
• This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary
• Pre-Employment Background Check and Drug Test Required
• Must have or be willing to obtain COVID-19 vaccination(s) and provide H.R. with your vaccination record no later than sixty (60) days after your start date.
• $100,500.00 Annual Salary / Exempt position
• 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Mon-Fri)
• Medical (PPO or HSA)
• Excellent Retirement Savings Plan
• 13 Paid Holidays
• 12 Days’ Vacation Pay & 12 Days’ Sick Pay
• Life Insurance with buy up options
Already a member? Sign In