Chief Information Officer Higher Ed
Jackson, MS, USA | Ellucian
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
Maintains an exceptionally high level of responsiveness, and ongoing proactive contact with Client Executives, Ellucian Management, and site staff
• Develops a positive client relationship with customer employees such as Contract Administrator, Provost, and other key VIPs
• The CIO focuses on client liaison and strategic aspects of Higher Education activities at the client location
• Advises client on status of technologies at the institution relative to the client’s strategic goals and objectives
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the information technology department including; directing staff, who support administrative and/or academic computing, networking, user services, telecommunications and other information technology functions
• Assess and anticipates technology projects and recommends appropriate action and resources
• Identifies user needs, resolves problems and directs building of teams to work across all levels of the organization
• Establishes and directs the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the information technology department
• Recommends and/or determines the institution’s long-term system needs and proposes hardware/software solutions to accomplish the institution’s business objectives and to support campus goals
• Coordinates, submits, reports, and manages problem resolution for all Federal and State requirements for student, personnel and financial records.
• Participates in the development of strategies and the completion of contract upgrades and renewals with Regional Managers and Vice Presidents.
• Recognizes, creates, and tracks value-added and ROI activities for client.
• Responsible for ensuring contract administration, extensions, and enhancements.
• Negotiates and maintains responsibility for managing various IT related vendor contracts.
• Assists with or creates requests for proposals for IT related projects.
• Prepares and submits required corporate reports in a timely manner.
• Implements company policy, methodologies, procedures and practices at site location.
• Responsible for hiring all company staff assigned to support a client’s information technology operations.
• Responsible for managing on-site personnel actions, staff training and development.
• Communicates regularly and effectively with Higher Education management on significant site issues, risks, opportunities, and general progress towards contractual and business goals.
• Manages complex technical projects and technical operating units.
What you will bring
• Bachelor’s degree; advanced degrees, strongly preferred
• 8 - 10 years of experience in the Information Technology field OR equivalent combination of education and experience leading IT strategic initiatives in a college or university environment
• Current knowledge in use and trends of technology in higher education
• Strong empathizing and empowerment abilities
• An innovative approach with an emphasis on bringing appropriate new capabilities to all areas across the organization.
• Ability to promote teamwork and collaboration between client and Ellucian staff
• Stress-management, time management, planning, and organization skills
• Strong understanding of Administrative/ERP Computing systems in Jenzabar
• Experience with or knowledge/certifications in service provision best practices (e.g., ITIL) and project management (PMI) preferred
• Experience preferred in higher education.
Already a member? Sign In