Chief Information Officer
Houston, TX, USA | Ellucian
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:81 people have viewed this job
Description of Job Duties:
- The Chief Information Officer (CIO) will provide technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the universities information technology programs. The CIO will ensure that technology systems are meeting the needs of the organization while aligning with the strategic vision of the university and its stakeholders through efficient use of resources. The CIO will actively seek opportunities to further enhance information systems to improve efficiency, maximize productivity and provide innovation that benefits students, faculty, and staff.
- The CIO also serves as the organization's Security Officer and is responsible for the ongoing management of the information security policies, procedures, and technical systems in order to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all organizational information systems. With this responsibility comes the responsibility for the development and maintenance of the university’s disaster preparedness / recovery plan.
- To qualify, candidates must meet the following skill sets:
- Successfully align Information Technology objectives and programs with university vision and strategies.
- Oversee and lead overall planning and operations of university technology
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with The University President, Cabinet Members, Faculty/Staff, Students, IT Team, and Vendors.
- Ensure effective and open communication with other departments regarding the services provided by information technology staff.
- Plan, prepare, and oversee million plus dollar IT budgets inclusive of forecasting, ROI calculation and documentation, and operational expense management.
- Attend educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional technology societies.
- Bilingual is a plus
To qualify, candidates must possess the following competencies:
- Strategic Influence - Creating and executing influence strategies that gain commitment to one’s ideas and persuade key stakeholders to take action that will advance shared interests and business goals
- Operational Decision Making - Securing and comparing information from multiple sources to identify business issues; committing to an action after weighing alternative solutions against important decision criteria
- Driving Execution - Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results
- Energizing the Organization - Motivating increased employee effort by communicating a compelling view of the organization’s purpose and its future state in a way that helps others understand the importance of their contributions and feel how outcomes will be different when progress is achieved
- Required Skills/Knowledge/Experience:
- Masters Degree or Bachelor’s Degree and equivalent years of experience.
- 10 – 15 years of experience showing advancement, which includes management and/or leadership within IT Service Management and higher education industry experience.
- “Can Do” attitude with exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong Project Management skills
- Demonstrated IT Service Management background inclusive of ITIL certifications and knowledge of COBIT framework
- PeopleSoft ERP solutions management experience
- Proven experience with continuous improvement/development methods to improve the quality, increase efficiency, and/or reduce the cost of solutions is required
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills (identification and resolution), with strong decision-making ability and sound business judgment
- Certified PMP
- ITIL Certified and COBIT Framework knowledge
- Experience with PeopleSoft ERP for higher education, Oracle RDBMS, and Microsoft SQL a definite plus.
- Experience supporting Single Sign On (SSO), Mobile Solutions, CRM systems, and Business Intelligence systems.
- Experience with third party higher education products such as ImageNow, Clean Address, Ad Astra, Xitracs, and NelNet are highly desired.
- Experience with Cloud and Emerging technologies e.g., MS Office 365, MS Teams, SharePoint, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality, 3-D Printing.