Chief Information Officer
Suffern, NJ, USA | Ellucian
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:82 people have viewed this job
Reporting to the Ellucian General Manager and customer Contract Administrator, the CIO will be responsible for providing technology leadership and management of technology systems and services. This includes management of strategic and tactical activities to ensure client satisfaction, technical delivery, contract compliance, and resource management at the client site. Creates and implements client’s Information Technology strategy.
Responsible for working to align projects and operations with the institutional mission, vision and values, the incumbent should understand his or her customers, their needs and will apply best practices in higher education management to resolve issues.
- Maintains regular contact with Client Executives, Ellucian Management, and site staff.
- Develops a positive client relationship with customer employees such as Contract Administrator, Chief Financial Officer, Provost, and other key VIPs.
- The CIO focuses on client liaison and strategic aspects of Higher Education activities at the client location
- Advises client on status of technologies at the institution relative to the client’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the information technology department including; directing staff, who support administrative and/or academic computing, networking, user services, telecommunications and other information technology functions.
- Assess and anticipates technology projects and recommends appropriate action and resources.
- Identifies user needs, resolves problems and directs building of teams to work across all levels of the organization.
- Establishes and directs the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the information technology department.
- Recommends and/or determines the institution’s long-term system needs and proposes hardware/software solutions to accomplish the institution’s business objectives and to support campus goals.
- Actively participates in a number of key client committees, cabinet and/or Board-level meetings, ad-hoc advisory groups, institutional/community activities and planning committees.
- Interfaces with and participates in all facets of the Corporate Client Services Management team functions.
- Coordinates, submits, reports, and manages problem resolution for all Federal and State requirements for student, personnel and financial records.
- Works with Higher Education regional management to coordinate corporate resource requirements to complete and update annual strategic plans.
- Participates in the development of strategies and the completion of contract upgrades and renewals with Regional Managers and Vice Presidents.
- Recognizes, creates, and tracks value-added and ROI activities for client.
- Responsible for ensuring contract administration, extensions, and enhancements.
- Negotiates and maintains responsibility for managing various IT related vendor contracts.
- Assists with or creates requests for proposals for IT related projects.
- Translates and articulates administrative and educational goals of the institution into technical initiatives.
- Directs budgeting, strategic and tactical planning, business processes and database system strategy.
- Completes and monitors site budgets and business plans; reviews monthly revenue and expense reports.
- Prepares and submits required corporate reports in a timely manner.
- Implements company policy, methodologies, procedures and practices at site location.
- Responsible for hiring all company staff assigned to support a client’s information technology operations.
- Responsible for managing on-site personnel actions, staff training and development.
- Communicates regularly and effectively with Higher Education management on significant site issues, risks, opportunities, and general progress towards contractual and business goals.
- Manages complex technical projects and technical operating units.
- Makes recommendations and oversees implementation of all key IT-related functional units.
- Communicates IT-related information on projects, service levels, tasks and issues to the appropriate audience using the appropriate mediums.
- Proactively supports corporate initiatives and programs.
- Leads and directs efforts using appropriate management skills including; project management, budget administration, decision making, communication, and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degrees, strongly preferred
- 8 - 10 years of experience in the Information Technology field OR equivalent combination of education and experience leading IT strategic initiatives in a college or university environment
- Extensive Higher Education Experience and current knowledge in use and trends of technology in higher education
- Strong empathizing and empowerment abilities
- Ability to promote teamwork and collaboration between client and Ellucian staff
- Stress-management, time management, planning, and organization skills
- Strong understanding of Ellucian Banner ERP administrative Solution
- Experience with or knowledge of service provision best practices (e.g., ITIL), preferred
- Experience in ERP implementation project management, higher education preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills