Chief Information Security Officer
Plano, TX, USA | FireEye, Inc.
Industry:Computer and Network Security
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
Reporting to the CIO, as Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) you will lead our security posture strategy and oversee and coordinate global security efforts across the company. You will be responsible for guiding your organization’s structure, technology investments, and processes to manage risk effectively, while remaining current with the evolving threat landscape.
In collaboration with the CIO and IT Operations and Applications leaders, you’ll develop or evolve the policies and processes required to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information for McAfee Enterprise and our partners, while ensuring compliance with FISMA guidelines. An additional charter for you will be adopting and test-driving all products and services as Customer Zero.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- You will be responsible for the development and execution of the global Office of the CISO strategy, as well leading security risk assessments and overseeing risk management processes
- Coach, support and lead the professional development of your direct reports to foster and ensure a positive, open, innovative, disruptive, and high performing environment for your team.
- Maintain technical compliance to regulations and standards, such as data privacy, HIPAA and FISMA.
- Manage the daily operations for Security Operations Center, secure development lifecycle, and governance functions across on-premise, hybrid cloud, and cloud capabilities.
- Provide mentorship and security thought leadership across the OCISO and IT organizations.
- Ensure that that OCISO operating model is executed across the organization by working with all business units to ensure Information Security priorities are set, plans are developed, and execution is successful.
- Assist in developing and owning the strategic execution of the metrics and accountability programs, including SLAs, threat defense, and both operational and project-level KPIs.
- At times you will engage directly with our customers as well as present or co-present at industry events.
- Significant years of information security technology leadership experience across a broad range of technical environments and business models within global environments. Your leadership experience must include growing and leading global teams.
- Experiences need to include active partnering with software development leadership regarding safe and thoughtful software development practices.
- Multiple years of experience specifically developing and managing risk-based security programs leveraging a wide variety of cyber security technologies.
- As an Information Security leader your history must include communicating security-related technology and risk-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical leaders and staff.
- Your background ideally includes direct engagement with customers as well as engaging public audiences.
- You must have extensive knowledge and experience with information security standards, policies and practices, including HIPAA and FISMA.
- Your ability to engage with and influence the most senior decision makers across the company and our partner and customer ecosystems will add to your success in this role.
- The ideal person is self-motivated, results oriented, passion about program development and management and is strategically adept
- High integrity, excellent judgement — you’ll have access to sensitive information and must treat it appropriately
- Highly collaborative — you recognize the value of bringing people along
- Intellectual curiosity — you're eager to learn new concepts; you're willing to admit you don’t know certain things, will ask for help, roll up your sleeves, and learn
- Self-aware — you aren't complacent when it comes to personal growth; you’re receptive to feedback and eager to grow despite your seniority
- Sense of ownership — you have a mentality of “the buck stops with me” and always ask “what did I contribute to this situation?”
- Low ego — you shouldn’t be prone to thinking that a job is too small
- Brave, adaptable, calm under pressure — you’re unafraid to operate in high-pressure, chaotic situations
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Already a member? Sign In