Chief Investment Strategist
St. Petersburg, FL, USA | Raymond James Financial
Job Description:91 people have viewed this job
Under administrative direction, with a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to provide a strategic and tactical market analysis to the firm’s individual, institutional and corporate clients while also serving as one of the public voices on markets, portfolio strategies and thematic ideas.Influences strategic portfolio direction while also developing more tactical plans with substantial latitude across a wide spectrum of asset classes. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems or needs.Extensive contact with internal and external customers, media contacts, and senior level management is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares and delivers both oral and written strategic and tactical views of current economic and market analysis.
• Work closely with the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) to continue to build a world-class investment strategy platform.
• Participates in the quarterly Investment Committee to help determine the strategic longer term views of the economy and major asset classes.
• Contributes regularly to the CIO Suite of publications on a monthly and weekly basis to update and enhance the market views across major asset classes.
• Develop a consistent daily commentary for advisor and client consumption to outline a more tactical view. Creativity as well as substance are critical to developing a following in the marketplace. A clear, concise message that conveys relevant market strategy is required.
• Participates in media interviews, client meetings and public speaking engagements on relevant investment and market related issues.
• Applies financial analysis, business experience and market knowledge to lead the work of others. Must be a team player as the Investment Strategy Group is located in multiple cities.
• Plans, assigns, monitors, reviews, evaluates and leads the work of assigned staff.
• Produces factual and accurate information to be presented for publication.
• Reviews progress of assignments and findings with senior management.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
• Reviews progress of assignments with executive leadership/management.
• Balances conflicting resource and priority demands.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Concepts, practices and procedures of financial services/broker dealer environment.
• Financial markets, products, financial advisory function and investment process.
• Fundamental, as well as technical analysis skills required.
• Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of investment management products.
• Advanced investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
• General managerial and leadership techniques.
• Functional, operational and technical requirements of various functional areas.
• Standard due diligence and financial analysis techniques.
• Risk management.
• Business planning and analysis.
• Developing proprietary research using such tools as FactSet or Bloomberg.
• Business intuition to manage and build long-term relationships.
• Excellent leadership skills to provide a high level of organization development.
• Cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent presentation skills and the ability to speak clearly and concisely.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
• Performing due diligence, evaluating opportunities, and developing proposals / business plans
• Reviewing, analyzing and evaluating financial data and preparing reports and financial forecasts.
• Performing project and business evaluations.
• Developing and delivering and/or evaluating sophisticated business modeling presentations.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Read, analyze, interpret and apply information from news resources, industry journals, financial and management reports, and legal documents.
• Research, interpret, analyze and apply information about market segments.
• Manage multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Lead others in providing a high level of customer service.
• Solve complex problems and model the business and financial impact of proposed scenarios.
• Incorporate needs and goals from different organizational perspectives into project plans.
• Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
• Use collaborative skills in encouraging and supporting teamwork
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamically changing environment.
• Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, including negotiating resources.
• Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
• Train, coach, mentor and lead the work of others.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Project a positive, professional image both internal and with external business contacts.
• Convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in accounting, finance or business-related field and a minimum of (10) ten years experience in equity research or portfolio management.
• Master’s of Business Administration or Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.