Apply Now

Chief Medical Information Officer

Los Angeles, CA, USA | UCLA Health

  • Industry:
    Healthcare - Hospitals
  • Position Type:
  • Functions:
    General Management
    Biotech/R&D/Science
  • Experience:
    5-7 years
    7-10 years
Job Description:
111 people have viewed this job

Venice Family Clinic is a leader in providing comprehensive, high-quality primary health care to people in need with compassion, dignity and respect. In November 2021, Venice Family Clinic merged with South Bay Family Health Care, uniting more than a century of experience helping patients regardless of their income, insurance or immigration status. The organization now has more than 500 staff who serve 45,000 people from the Santa Monica Mountains through the South Bay. We have 17 locations plus two mobile clinics and an expansive street medicine program for people experiencing homelessness. Read more about us at venicefamilyclinic.org.


The Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO) is responsible for providing clinical leadership for health information technology at Venice Family Clinic (VFC) and provides clinical oversight of implementation and maintenance of the electronic health record (EHR).They collaborate with the clinical, program and administrative teams to identify new interfaces, evaluate existing programs and determine which programs and clinical interventions best serve VFC’s health information system.The CMIO develops and implements training programs with the Clinic’s EMR trainers to train allVFC staff medical providers on electronic health record and health information technology used for direct patient care.Clinical care accounts for a minimum of 60% of the CMIO’s work duties; administrative and management supervisory responsibilities account for the other 40%.The CMIO functions independently on a daily basis and reports to the CMO.


““The University of California, Los Angeles is required to provide an estimate of the salary range for this role. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions. Salary offers are determined based on candidate qualifications and experience. The full salary range for this position is 132,900.00-259500.00.”


Required Qualifications include:


• Five to ten years of experience as a primary care physician


• Board certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Med/Peds or Pediatrics.


• A minimum of five years’ experience in a leadership position in a primary health care setting.


• An active California Medical License and DEA license


All Preferred:


• Previous experience as a volunteer, staff member, or faculty member in a setting serving underserved people.


• Ability to speak Spanish


• NextGen Certified Professional


• Knowledge of Health IT


• Proficient computer skills


• Previous CMIO experience 


• Informatics Certification


Other companies hiring with Ivy Exec

 Company Logos