Chief Medical Officer
Alpharetta, GA, USA | Leading Pharmaceutical / Biotech Company
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Job Description:102 people have viewed this job
• The Chief Medical Officer will report directly to the CEO. The primary role of the CMO will be to provide leadership and direction for the medical division of Company
• Provide medical and scientific expertise regarding Diabetic Macular Edema.
• Support the management team with medical expertise and contribute to the overall corporate strategy.
• Develop and update the strategy for the clinical development plan (CDP) according to corporate strategy
• Provide clinical and scientific input into Discovery Research and Early Development activities
• Contribute to the development of robust development plans for each program, including providing content for clinical development and other sections, as needed
• Identify and establish relationships with leading KOL’s and principal investigators, including organizing and running KOL meetings and Advisory Boards, as needed
• Develop and update relevant parts of the Investigator’s Brochure (IB)
• Contribute to and approve protocol synopses and protocols
• Oversee clinical trials as medical expert
• Contribute to the development of regulatory strategy and act as the medical expert in meetings with regulatory authorities
• Ensure and support effective leadership and seamless collaboration across all areas of research
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Medical degree
• Clinical experience as practicing physician, preferably in Ophthalmology
• Strong scientific research or clinical background in ophthalmology required. Experience in retinal disease states is an advantage
• Experience with the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
• Experience in pre-clinical and early/late clinical development
• Experience in clinical trials, either as investigator or as industry medical representative
• Experience with regulatory activities in US and EU, as well as direct experience with IND filing
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with successful presentation capabilities
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS
• Maintains deep scientific knowledge and attention to detail in designing and testing hypotheses and analyzing data
• Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization, across a diverse spectrum of people
• Strong ability to command respect from KOLs with a high level of personal integrity. Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making.
• Sets and develops strategies and works strategically to realize organizational goals. Identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the organization’s future potential.
• Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents, adapts to changing circumstances
• Works productively in a high-pressure environment and balances the demands of work and personal life
• Open minded; willing to learn and take on both “important” as well as “small” tasks and duties on different levels