Chief Medical Officer
Rock Island, IL, USA | UnityPoint Health
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:141 people have viewed this job
UnityPoint Health - Trinity operates four full-service hospitals in Rock Island and Moline, Illinois, and Bettendorf and Muscatine, Iowa, with a total of 584 licensed inpatient beds. It also includes affiliated entities the Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences, the Robert Young Center for Community Mental Health, Trinity Health Enterprises and the Trinity Health Foundation. As a team member, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver the Best Outcome Every Patient, Every Time- regardless of your position. When you choose to join UnityPoint Health, you'll receive the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
In this role, you will serve a critical role in the strategic development and performance of the clinical network. This means focusing on aligning and maximizing the talent of the physicians to demonstrate value to the patient and community. You will serve as a key advisor on the developments in care delivery across the region and provides input to the system for same. Furthermore, you will be tasked with leading best practice adoption within the region to help the organization achieve desired outcomes.
· Builds relationships and partnerships with employed and aligned physicians to drive performance of the network.
· Drives collaboration across the physician community, bringing different specialties and groups together to solve complex care delivery challenges.
· Collaborates with clinical leaders across the system to develop and implement innovative approaches to care delivery.
· Recognize and promote best practice among our formal and informal physician leaders and facilitate its spread throughout UPH.
Clinical Performance Driver
· Relentlessly pursues top decile performance in quality and patient experience for the region.
· Focuses on execution-gets the job done.
· Creates accountability for results at all levels of the organization; builds discipline and capacity for achieving results through a mix of high touch interactions and sustainable processes.
· Transforms care delivery by creating alignment between physicians and clinicians across all service lines and sites to improve quality, experience and value.
· Continually promote a culture of safety throughout the organization using just culture principles in peer review activities and department meetings.
· Ensure best practice around clinical communication including handover process.
· Support efficient use of electronic health record to improve quality, care delivery and compliance with appropriate level of care.
Agent of Transformation
· Articulates the rationale for the change, creating the case for transformation by linking the change to a common set of goals.
· Utilizes a data driven approach to change, with a keen focus on the benefit to the patient first and team second.
· Recognizes and implements strategies that foster adoption of the change and accelerates outcomes.
· Transition role from a major focus on medical staff affairs to relationship development Building a value based system of care.
· Works collaboratively with the regional Senior Leadership and the Regional UnityPoint Health Clinic physician leadership to develop and reinforce organizational structures, systems and processes that reinforce a patient-centered, physician-driven culture.
· Ensures the involvement of physicians in decision making relative to care delivery.
· Seeks input frequently on ways to improve the patient or physician experience.
· Focuses on physician leadership development in medical director and service line lead roles.
· Ensures current high-performance physician leaders.
· Ensures a solid pipeline of physician leadership talent for the future.
· Support all staff via recognition programs, rounding and process improvement efforts such that they can provide high quality, empathetic care.
Preferred or Specialized
Graduation from an accredited school of medicine or school of osteopathy. Completion of required residency training.
Board certification or board eligible in Internal Medicine or other related specialty.
Five years of active experience in medical practice or area of specialty. Graduate level education in health care administration, business administration, or related coursework. Five years of progressively more responsible experience in medical staff leadership activities.
Holds licenses to practice medicine or osteopathy, in good standing, for the states of Illinois and Iowa.
Board certification in specialty; certification in process improvement; certification in quality.
Already a member? Sign In