Chief Nursing Officer
Charlottesville, VA, USA | Leading Healthcare - Hospitals Company
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:77 people have viewed this job
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for the development and implementation of the plans for providing nursing care, treatment, and services including determination of the types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care and the development of a patient focused, team oriented culture, working in conjunction with all other medical, clinical and therapeutic disciplines to ensure optimal service and superior outcomes. The CNO holds full responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided. Represents nursing on the Governing Body and other hospital committees.
UVA-HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital is a 50-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and sports medicine rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and HealthSouth therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification (ACLS Preferred)
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibity requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related field (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field required, unless higher degree required by state.
- Five years experience in inpatient hospital setting.
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years) Nursing Management experience with responsibilities including such as 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.