Chief Operation Officer
Irvine, CA, USA | Vault
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:90 people have viewed this job
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operation Officer is responsible to the efficient synergetic successful operations of the organization, currently and as part of strategic mission and vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Collaborates with CEO and other leadership team members to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate HPI's growth objectives.
• Holds ultimate responsibility for supplier relationships, and price negotiations. Works directly with overseas partners to ensure the efficiency of their operations.
• Ensures efficient operations, upholding LEAN principals through the organization.
• Spearheads the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes for assigned areas.
• Develops and manages supervised functional areas. Establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of operations at all times.
• Ensures that overseen departments achieve and surpass all business goals and objectives.
• Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all operational processes internal and external for assigned groups. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports to the CEO on the operating condition of the company.
• Motivates and leads a high performing team; partners with Human Resources to develop and retain qualified team members, provides mentoring as a cornerstone to development of direct reports.
• Works directly with Finance, Marketing, Sales, and other functional areas to ensure synergetic operations through the organization.
• Works with HR and other functional areas to uphold, safeguard, and promote HPI's values and philosophies relating particularly to ethics, integrity, and corporate responsibility.
This position is responsible for the effective operations of the following functional areas: (IT and Customer Service, Operations, and Supply Chain (SUBJECT TO CHANGE).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Four-year college or university program certificate; and no less than 15 years of progressive experience overseeing operations related functional areas; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Master's in Business Administration or Master's in Operations Management, preferred.
• Six Sigma -Black Belt certification, preferred.
• APICS Certifications, preferred.
• Minimum 10-15 years of experience at a senior level in a fast paced, growing manufacturing environment, in the consumer goods industry.
Already a member? Sign In