Chief Operations Officer
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia | Northern Trust
Operations / Production
Job Description:92 people have viewed this job
The Chief Operations Office (COO) will provide the necessary leadership and guidance for the planning, organization, direction and control of activities within TNTCoSA, to comply with existing demands as well as anticipate future requirements.
As the COO for TNTCoSA, you will report into the CEO of TNTCoSA, as well as having a dotted line into the Head of Middle East and Africa and the COO for IIG EMEA.
The purpose of the role is to oversee the day-to-day administrative and operational functions of TNTCoSA.Be part of a hardworking and collaborative team where you have the opportunity to be involved in many aspects of the business, including a strategic understanding and can handle non-public confidential information.
Will be accountable for the operations team that includes Saudi direct custody (i.e. EDAA / Tadawul membership) as well as fund administration.TNTCoSA recently became a member of EDAA and service over US$85bn of assets and complete over 5,000 NAV’s annually.
• Ensuring TNTCoSA operations team has the appropriate procedures, controls and oversight to manage direct custody services
• Manage the operations team to meet the service standards outlined within client SLA’s
• Ensuring adequate systems and controls are in place such that all functions in area of responsibility comply with all legal and statutory requirements applicable, any applicable corporate policies, local standards whilst balancing the interests and requirements of clients and the Bank
• Ensuring that TNTCoSA operations team is adequately resourced and that training and development needs are identified and addressed
• Developing and maintaining effective relationships and oversight of internal and external service providers
• Supporting client services and relationship managers with client issues, escalation as well as engaged with appropriate client meetings
• Regulatory engagement – managing the relevant regulatory and wider industry initiatives, in conjunction with the relevant NT product(s), operational and wider management teams, to ensure that operational service enhancements are delivered
• Strategy – supporting and implement the strategy for TNTCoSA to meet client and business needs
• Act as an advisor to the CEO and head of the MEA on C&IS business strategy and effectiveness
• Administration Oversight – TNTCoSA oversight and governance, to include vendor management through intercompany agreements, SLD management, BCP and process controls
• Collaborate with risk and compliance teams and the IIG EMEA business management to enhance First Line of Defense for operational risk and compliance framework for TNTCoSA, with an oversight of regulatory changes and implementation in business processes.
• Representing C&IS Middle East at the relevant governance forums and committees (forums / committees to be agreed)
• Project Management – provide ownership, oversight of all TNTCoSA (and MEA) required solutions
• Stakeholder Management – managing key stakeholders across the organization (EMEA, NA, India, etc..) to ensure governance and control of TNTCoSA operations
• First Line of Defense – responsible for ensuring training and competency across first line of defense for TNTCoSA
• Responsible for building and maintain a high performing office culture through effective communication, performance management and employee engagement.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Custody and market in-depth understanding
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Highly flexible and adaptable to change, self-motivated and able to independently drive results
• Leadership and organizational skills are required to support business management goals
• Strong analytical skills – ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of information into concise and structured output
• Problem solving – think logically and deconstruct a larger problem into sub-components, prioritize issues and allocate resources
• Structured communication skills – ability to communicate complex ideas top-down, ask targeted questions to arrive at solutions
• Interpersonal skills – ability to engage diverse set of stakeholders, understand their viewpoints, build long-term relationships, create a collaborative and inspirational environment within the team
• Previous experience in risk, compliance, consultancy or strategic analysis beneficial
• Required technical skills – Microsoft Office Suite - Outlook | Excel | PowerPoint | Word
• Accuracy and attention to detail
Already a member? Sign In