Chief Product Officer
Hong Kong, Hong Kong | Standard Chartered
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:69 people have viewed this job
SC Ventures (SCV) spearheads the bank’s innovation across the Group. Included in SCV’s mandate will be to invest in FinTech’s and other start-up companies, promote rapid testing and implementation of new business models. SCV will work with businesses and functions across the Group in three key areas of catalysts, investments, and ventures:
1. Catalysts: Internal consultants will help the rest of the Group in problem-solving and spreading innovation best practices and client-centric design. The eXellerator innovation lab will be part of this group.
2. Investments: A professional investment unit to manage the Group’s minority investments in Fintech companies and to seek further investments in promising technologies. The Bank has previously invested in Ripple, a leading distributed ledger company to co-develop commercially viable applications for global trade and payments and Paxata, a leading enterprise information management company.
3. Ventures: The Venture unit will sponsor and oversee new disruptive technology ventures that are wholly or partially owned by Standard Chartered.It will seek projects that amplify the bank’s core strengths or where the bank can support a venture in a strategic way.
The Chief Product Officer & Business Development Officer (CPO) has overall responsibility for product definition, market alignment and solution delivery. You will manage the Product and CX/UX Teams alongside Technology to develop and deliver product to market that is acutely aligned to empirical customer needs.
You will lead a team that facilitates the product requirements gathering across the entire organisation, and manages the incubation/commercialisation process to ensure successful delivery to market.
Your Team are the drivers in our multidisciplinary teams, and will deliver through a lean approach that will adapt as our needs change and our organisation matures. You will lead by example in an approach that is based on Building, Learning, and rapidly Adapting.
The CPO must have a breadth of skills and knowledge across digital technology, strategy and business planning, user experience design, software development and lean development practices.
You must possess an entrepreneurial drive to develop new products, while maintaining a sharp focus on customer needs and the time constraints to negotiate complex relationships that grow and converge into compelling solutions. Your ultimate success is critically dependent on your ability to guide your team and peers, while influencing decision makers to build trust and secure long-term buy-in.
• Lead teams to incubate and commercialise innovative solutions as an active team member who gets your hands dirty
• Define objectives, provide structure, and coach and inspire all members of the Product Team to achieve clearly defined KPIs
• Define methodologies and practices for product and service development and delivery, and coach the broader organisation through a Build, Learn and Adapt Framework
• Evangelise the MVP concept, ensuring our product and service roadmap is consistently defined by what’s desirable, viable and feasible
• Lead the UX and Service Design capabilities and put the Customer at the centre of our approach to problems solving
• Be the Customer Voice in build versus buy decisions in collaboration with the Technology Team
• Create and articulate business cases and operating plans
• Create proposals for new business opportunities
• Define, manage, and track budgets and work plans
• Lead the recruiting and staffing for the Product and UX/CX teams
• Relevant Product Management experience in developing innovative digital solutions
• A degree in a technical discipline (information systems, computer science, electrical engineering etc)
• An advanced degree such as an MBA is desirable but not essential
• Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
• Strong understanding of mobile and web technologies
• Proven experience building products and services that customers love
• Practical experience of lean product and service development methodologies
• Experience launching new and successful digital businesses
• Experience in developing solutions for complex digital business models
• Experience maintaining confidentiality without creating barriers to success in a fast-paced, intellectually-demanding and service-oriented environment
• Exceptional attention to detail and strong technical intuition
• The ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication
Alrdeady a member? Sign In