Chief Product Owner – Credit Cards
Wilmington, DE, USA | TD Bank, TD Wealth Private Client Group
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
The Chief Product Owner – Credit Cards is responsible for developing the strategy and implementing the future of card servicing Infrastructure. The job leads a team of product owners and activities related to operational, processing service models and vendor relationships.
• Develop and share strategic product vision, roadmap, and product definition
• Lead product owners working within the agile environment to deliver best in class service/operation model
• Develop executive level road maps that define current and future state of the product owners work streams (
• Ensures the organizations alignment and readiness for product end state.
• Leads negotiation for new and amended service elements
• Develops recommendations and implements enhancements to servicing models and processes
• Provides vision, leadership and strategic guidance in developing and implementing Company products, services and programs including features, benefits and characteristics that meet customer needs and are priced to meet Company and shareholder objectives.
• Acts as the expert on the market and its problems. Maintains vigilance gathering industry expert opinions and qualitative market data for different market segments.
• Manages the product development budget of the Company. Determines the optimal allocation of overall budget to ensure objectives can be achieved. Ensures maximum profitability via management of risk levels authorizes risk policy changes as appropriate.
• Ensures effective ways to deliver complete solutions to identify market problems and ensures gaps are identified and filled.
• Reviews and approves business and expense plans and tracks success and effectiveness of product development delivery and implementation. Develops and manages the product development calendar and oversees the successful and seamless execution of deliverables.
• Manages the identification of competitive offerings in the market and their strengths and weaknesses. Prioritizes the presence and relative importance of key product deliverables.
• Determines the methodology to quantify market analysis to look at internal measurements and product performance to determine how the product impacts the Company operations including product life cycle, quality, technical support, marketing programs and sales support.
• Oversees the creation of product roadmaps to illustrate the vision for the product. Plans product solutions that describe the ideal or stereotypical users that represent the programming targets.
• Ensures the creation of scenarios to describe market problems and illustrate why product features/requirements are necessary.
• Develops marketing programs to move buyers through the buying process.
• Directs market research projects and recommends methods for growing existing markets and developing opportunities for customer products and services.
• Consults and advises top management on the marketing initiatives related to major Company activities.
• Studies, analyzes and reports on quality of service, customer attitudes, economic conditions and government controls with respect to their effect on sales of existing or proposed products and services. Collaborates with business lines in establishing new services and products.
• Demonstrates effectiveness in creating and using conceptual frameworks to structure the develop insights into the consumer; as a result, demonstrates a high level of analytical rigor in formulation of product insights.
• Ensures all products are in compliance and meet all regulatory requirements.
Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
• Bachelor’s degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below.
• 7-10 years related experience required
• Proven senior management leadership skills to lead a department of product development experts and consultants
• Ability to develop and drive product strategies throughout the organization
• Comprehensive knowledge of the design, development, implementation and profitability of product development and marketing in a financial/banking environment required
• Superb communication, problem-solving and decision making skills with ability to effectively communicate with executive management
• Proven ability to build strong collaborative business relationships
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate and apply skills to exercise influence over others decisions without express authority and influence mass change management
• Experience in leading project management and delivering on time and within budget
• Proven experience in product pricing, financial statements and ensuring budget targets are met or exceeded
• Deep Agile background
• Strong Credit Cards background
• End-to-End Product Owner Experience
• Large Project / Program experience