Chief Programs Officer
New York City, NY, USA | Non Profit Organization
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Job Description:134 people have viewed this job
It goes without saying that COVID-19 has and will continue to redefine our personal, social and work lives. Like countless employers, I Challenge Myself faces unprecedented challenges. We have also been presented with some unique opportunities to reinvent ourselves and come out of this unprecedented time stronger and better. Specifically, we are working to answer the following guiding question: How should I Challenge Myself position itself in light of the rise in cycling, health disparities laid bare by COVID, and racial inequalities?
If you are a proven nonprofit leader who thinks, acts and leads strategically, we want you to be our Chief Programs Officer.
● Create and/or improve systems and processes that allow your team to thrive and successfully deliver high-quality youth development and community programs in communities of color.
● Along with the Executive Director, craft and implement a strategic program delivery plan to align with overall organizational strategy and mission.
● Establish a program assessment strategy to ensure regular evaluation of ICM’s program delivery and make adjustments as needed.
● Ensure that ICM programs meet all compliance and safety requirements set forth by the organization, DOE, DYCD, HHS, funders, and other applicable laws and regulations.
● Work with your team to organize culminating program events that highlight student achievement and enriching experiential activities.
● Manage the overall program budget and report out regularly to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
● Establish and maintain relationships with existing program partners, working collaboratively with the program staff to maintain and build those relationships for future, strategic growth.
● Ensure that all team members have access to the resources and support they need to successfully execute their jobs.
● Assist leadership team with budgetary compliance and with submission of any required documents or reports to funding sources.
Worst part of the job
● You will have a very short learning curve.
● You will need to review and synthesize curriculum and program documents in a short period of time.
● Working with a number of different data management and reporting systems: DYCD Connect, Salesforce, Grant Solutions.
● Managing the many relationships and stakeholders that are part of the growing and changing I Challenge Myself ecosystem.
Are you the one?
● Your ability to synthesize complex concepts, data and information both in writing and verbally is your “thing.”
● You are able to see the big picture and what needs to be accomplished “day to day” and in the next one to two months is second nature.
● Your former supervisors and team members have numerous examples of your ability to lead and inspire a team toward common goals.
● You get things done and have supervisors, co-workers and members of your team who can provide various examples.
● You hold yourself and members of your team accountable for the goals you have to meet and the young people and communities ICM serves.
● You are fluently bilingual in Spanish and English. This is a non-negotiable at this time.
● You have an entrepreneurial streak and enjoy working in smaller organizations that allow you and your team to learn and grow together to better the lives of the young people and communities you serve.
● BA or BS in physical education, secondary education, health, physiology, social work or a field related to youth/human development. MA a plus.
● 5-6 years of demonstrated experience successfully managing a sports-based youth development program.
● Ability to travel throughout Manhattan and the Bronx to visit programs and work flexible hours, including but not limited to nights and weekends.
● Minimum 2 years administering Department of Youth and Community Development contracts
● Valid New York State Driver's license.
Already a member? Sign In