Chief Systems Architect, Merchant & Acquirer Processing
Bengaluru, India | Visa
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
Job Description and Responsibilities
As a Chief Systems Architect, you provide strategic architecture leadership to project architects and your product partners on large and complex projects for merchant payment management solutions. You understand the business imperatives tied to these strategic projects. You provide technology leadership and are the technical expert on strategic projects, drive the release strategy and guide the delivery of strategic projects aligned to business strategy on innovative payment acceptance, integrated commerce management, powerful risk management and marketing tools. You maintain awareness of dependencies between projects and delivery vision, while ensuring engineering excellence to the five nines. You build the strategy for your teams to architect, design and deliver the next wave of enterprise FinTech innovation.
· Drives the architecture for key cross team / cross product development projects (via architecture/design documents and developing code key modules).
· Establishes software development patterns and best practices via examples and shipping code.
· Ensures that all relevant project teams follow a common set of principles and patterns and utilize a standard set of technology frameworks and libraries.
· Provides leadership across the architecture community to ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles and standards.
· Mentors and builds world-class high-performing engineering and data science teams.
· Applies architecture best practices that helps increase execution velocity.
· Develops architectures that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric and global.
· Influences technology selection for the enterprise.
· Defines deployment topology by working with peers across the technology organization.
· Optimizes use of Visa’s Platforms & Solutions.
· Demonstrates thought leadership through presentations and teaching across Visa.
· Contributes to key Visa and CyberSource technology initiatives.
· B.Tech / MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Science, Mathematics
· A minimum of 15+ years of experience in architecture and development, 5+ years experience in building data driven frameworks and solutions
· Proven experience in building highly scalable, flexible and fault tolerant systems
· Proven knowledge of successful design, architecture and development using Hadoop with large data volumes
· Possesses a deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different integration patterns
· Continuous delivery and DevOps experience - infrastructure automation, monitoring, logging, auditing and security implementation and practices
· A minimum of 2 years experience with Hadoop and related technologies is required
· A minimum of 3 years experience with RDBMS development (Oracle, DB2, etc.) is required
· Knowledge of NoSQL stores (e.g. HBASE and Cassandra) technologies is a plus
· Prior knowledge and experience working with Merchant data/information is a plus
Already a member? Sign In