Chief Technology Officer / Head of Aerospace Engineering
Mesa, AZ, USA | MD Helicopters, Inc.
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:114 people have viewed this job
In a continuing effort to focus on the development of best in class technical solutions for our customers and end-users worldwide, MD Helicopters (MDHI), a Helicopter original equipment manufacturer, seeks to fill a role for a Chief Technology Officer leading our aerospace technology research & develop initatives. This executive position will be responsible for leading all Research and Development (R&D) activities for MDHI. The role is responsible for leading MDHI’s innovation efforts by developing the current and future product portfolio. This individual will be directly involved with invention, design and development, sourcing strategy, manufacturing strategy, customer requirements and quality assurance. Chief Technology Officer will be an aerospace industry expert and liaise with groups and stakeholders internal and external to the business to ensure policies and programs are developed in accordance with relevant industry standards and governmental regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Maintains detailed knowledge and insight about the aerospace and helicopter market, aviation technology trends, and has a complete understanding of customer needs.
• Becomes a leader in advancing new technology tools to include, but not limited to; software simulation, 3D printing with composites, as well as virtual reality for evaluation, assessment and testing.
• Maintains good relationships with key customers. Has access to high engineering and pre-development levels with customers to gain first-hand information about proposed future product requirements and, in the process, promotes MDHI’s product solutions and capabilities.
• Is accountable for the entire value stream of R&D/innovation from product development to market launch activities.
• Develops, introduces, and maintains most efficient R&D processes focused on cost and customer satisfaction.
• Develops, introduces and maintains strategically benchmarked processes to ensure market competitiveness, an understanding of trends, and detailed knowledge of competitor products and processes.
• Reports frequently on the status of innovation and R&D activities to the management team.
• Engages senior management in the development process of new products.
• Maintains responsibility for the global engineering budget and ensures alignment on spending with business strategy and goals.
• Interviews, selects, and hires qualified individuals for key management positions.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or another technical discipline. Master’s level degree in a scientific or MBA a plus.
Minimum of 15 years of related experience in senior level engineering and R&D leadership.
Fixed Wing industry experience required.Rotor preferred.
Demonstrated understanding of R&D principles.
Assignments require considerable knowledge of management practice and policy interpretation or some combination of education and experience that would enable senior technical capability allowing the incumbent to independently evaluate, select, and apply techniques and standards.
Strategic planning and budgeting experience.
Develop and implement strategic initiatives and solutions to fulfill the R&D Strategic Plan.
Lead, direct, and control development projects to include planning, defining requirements and budget, systems design, programming, and controls, analysis testing.
Demonstrated leadership and implementation of lean methodologies in a manufacturing environment.
Demonstrated strong leadership, collaboration, project management, problem-solving, change management and influencing skills.
Comfortable and well-practiced leading teams within a global matrix with virtual team relationships.
Experience serving as a technical advisor to a senior leadership team.
Demonstrated and effective communication and relationship building skills at all levels in an organization.
Superior communication skills and can present his/her ideas in a clear, concise manner; one who can adapt his/her communication style as needed.
Unquestioned integrity and values that the organization can trust without reservation.
Consensus builder with strong persuasion skills.
A highly motivated team player who contributes to an atmosphere in which people work together, enthusiastically and effectively, to produce results.
A good listener.
Must be flexible with the ability to change, adapt and grow – patience and diplomacy skills are critical to success, particularly with customers.
Exhibits passion for the MDHI’s mission.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contracts, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work performed in an office and factory settings.
Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
Already a member? Sign In