Chief Technology Officer of the Data Business Unit
Auburn Hills, MI, USA | Chrysler Group
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:1 people have viewed this job
Build your brand. Tell your story. Take advantage of a rare opportunity to create something new and original. At Stellantis, we’re breaking with the past and launching a new software organization built from the ground up. The Stellantis Software organization (SWX) was established in 2021 and brings an entirely new vision to the driving experience. Our mission is to design the most captivating experiences in Mobility, bringing “tomorrow’s” tech innovations closer to today, every day. If you’re ready to help lead this automotive technology transformation, we want to hear from you. Stellantis was founded in 2021 as the result of a merger between Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and PSA Groupe.
Exponential growth in adoption and deployment of connected cars and devices is bringing previously unavailable datasets to market — at scale and in real-time. Stellantis, one of the largest global car makers and the parent company of dozens of iconic brands including Jeep, Fiat, Maserati, Peugeots, and more, has created a new Data BU to harness sensor and other data from 10s of millions of connected vehicles to build data products and services that can power hundreds of brand-new b2b and b2c applications, services, and decision-making across industries.
As the CTO of this rapidly evolving BU, your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Deliver and support innovative and commercially attractive revenue driving data products and services at high GTM velocity while maintaining highest level of data quality, SLAs, and uncompromisingly robust data privacy/security
• Attract and retain a team of world-class architects, engineers, data scientists, and UI/UX experts
• Define tech requirements and systems architecture with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, and impact
• Build experiences that deeply engage the customers (CX) with emphasis on advancing the UI/UX capabilities
• Design framework for rapid prototyping and ‘fast-fail’ experimentation
• Build and periodically revise long-term technical strategy and roadmaps while taking into account the opportunities and challenges in the marketplace, and technological advancements and innovation
• Define best practices around coding methodologies, software development, and quality assurance
• Ensure all internal processes and external services comply with security and privacy regulations
• Define and implement a consistent and repeatable process for quality assurance across all areas of organization
• Establish a high performing, one-team culture emphasizing innovation, growth, and development
• Strong product orientation, with a solid understanding of user engagement and data monetization strategies
• B2B and B2B2C industry experience within complex technology environments, including legacy and digital transformation
• Deep understanding of and strong experience with real-time, high-volume, low-latency data environments
• Track record of building and managing teams delivering revenue-driving/customer-facing products with tight SLAs
• Data and analytics experience, particularly data engineering in big data platforms
• Strong custom application development experience
• Broad-based functional IT experience, including security, infrastructure, and architecture
• A passion for solving problems and a technical mindset, enabling fluent and credible discussions with engineers
• A proven ability to create innovative products, as well as internal tools and systems that improve efficiency
• A strong strategic mindset and desire to dive in and solve not just tech but also product and business challenges
• Strong communication skills and ability to clearly articulate plans and projects across the organization from senior level executives to individual contributors
• Experience operating at executive levels of management and engaging with executives at customer organizations
• A track-record of coaching and developing individuals and teams to fulfil their potential
• An entrepreneurial spirit and excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
Our World Great mobility solutions start with great people! This is an exciting time to join us!
Stellantis is a leading global mobility player guided by a clear mission: to provide freedom of movement for all through distinctive, appealing, affordable, and sustainable mobility solutions. Our Company’s strength lies in the breadth of our iconic brand portfolio, the diversity and passion of our 300,000 people, and our deep roots in the communities in which we operate.
In this new era of mobility, our portfolio of brands is uniquely positioned to offer distinctive and sustainable solutions to meet the evolving needs of customers, as they embrace electrification, connectivity, autonomous driving and shared ownership. Founded by visionaries who infused them with passion and competitive spirit, these brands have made automotive history for more than a century and continue to speak to customers and inspire our employees today.
The driving force behind us is the diverse and talented group of men and women around the world who bring their passion and experience to their work every day. And while we are a truly global organization, we remain deeply rooted in the communities in which we operate, and our people live and work.
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree field
• 15 years of experience
• 10 years of leading and advancing technology teams/organizations with increasing levels of responsibilities
• Deep expertise in cutting edge technologies in e-commerce and digital transformation
• Experience with big-data products and AI/ML technologies
• Experience in the AWS ecosystem
• Masters of Business Administration
• 5 or more years experience in data, technology or related fields
• 7 or more years leading sales teams functions with progressively higher scope;
• 3 or more years in regional leadership or broader roles
• Experience leading a global sales team is a strong plus
• Experience leading biz dev, professional services, sales engineering team is a plus
• An entrepreneurial spirit and readiness to take on challenges that come along with building a new business. Startup experience will be a plus
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
Already a member? Sign In