Client Executive - West Region
Virtual, CA, USA | Alight Solutions
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
As a leading provider of human capital solutions, we help our clients and their people navigate the complexity of health, wealth and HR. We combine data-driven, consumer-centered technology with personalized care and service to deliver a superior customer experience. Our dedicated colleagues across 28 global centers help 23 million people and their 11 million family members simplify work and life, both now and in the future. At Alight, we are reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
Client Executive (Evergreen Requisition)
The Client Executive position is a leader level role that serves as the primary business liaison for our clients. This role, which requires excellent leadership and communication skills, is both the face of Service Operations to all of clients as well as the voice of the client to all of Service Operations.CEs manage the largest accounts of the firm and are critical to the execution of the firm’s retention, growth, and NPS strategy.
Strategic - Business Leadership
At a strategic level, the CE is expected to develop an in-depth understanding of her/his client’s business and the strategies that senior management will deploy to drive desired business outcomes and ensure that the priorities of both organizations are balanced in partnership.That understanding is derived from meaningful discussions with benefit and finance leaders and C-suite contacts as well as from the CE’s continuous review of independent industry information.Armed with a deep understanding of the client’s business, the CE partners with the client and other Service Operations subject matter experts to explore and deliver the best of Service Operations’ thought leadership, innovation and services to optimize the client’s human capital strategy in support of its overall business strategy.As the strategic account lead, the CE uses the Client Promise framework to uncover elements and behaviors that drive client value.The CE translates those findings into actionable plans that guide client teams within Service Operations.
Functional - Client Team Performance & Integration
At a functional level, the CE serves as the overall integrator of Service Operations services and is accountable for the long-term retention, growth, and client satisfaction (NPS) of the assigned Client accounts.To drive integration, the CE ensures that the client team members are well-versed in the Client’s business issues, and that information is shared in a timely and consistent basis across Service Operations. To drive performance, the CE is the champion of the Operating System and creates a spirit of continuous improvement across product lines.The CE has an equal focus on operation and relationship status and drives both to green.The CE works with all members of the client teams including Global Operations, Benefits Solutions, Customer Service, Point Solutions, and Cloud Solutions to deliver distinctive insights, advice and service consistent with Client Promise.
Functional - P&L Leadership
The CE also has accountability for a portfolio of client P&L’s for the agreed upon scope, and manages to agreed financial margins within the commercial model. The CE is responsible for growing and expanding the relationship profitably over time. Understanding the financials and contract terms of a deal will be key for the CE along identifying key assumptions and any value proposition for the specific set of services offered for a client. This role will serve as a critical partner to Sales, Renewals, Negotiations and Contracts, and to Finance as the deal is finalized and worked into the business P&Ls. The CE will sign off on all change orders and ensure contractual compliance.
Functional – Governance
In addition, this role leads internal and external client governance and is responsible for ensuring that it is delivered consistently for all Outsourcing services provided to a client. The CE requires strong relationship management with the client and all internal teams connected to the delivery of outsourcing services.External governance will require execution of best practices through Stewardship Meetings and Articulating Value and by leveraging our data analytics capabilities.Internal governance will require deep understanding of Service Operations’ Client Planning model that includes strategies to drive long-term retention and growth and client satisfaction.The CE constantly listens for opportunities and works with Service Operations teams to craft proposals and lead the sales and renewal processes with the support of sales and renewal executives.The CE is accountable to listen for indications of client need or dissatisfaction and to take action to address those in partnership with other leaders within Service Operations.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
The Client Executive has direct accountability to:
- Lead internal and external client governance
- Manage/resolve client escalations
- Work with the client to identify opportunities to reduce demand and/or identify opportunities to improve delivery model cost, such as off-shoring if contractually limited
- Coordinate the client planning process along with the solution/domain leads
- Negotiate with the client to reduce cost-to-serve.
- Providing strategic client reviews and long term planning
- Maintaining ongoing relationship management
- Owning the overall stewardship process
- Manage messages and understanding client perceived value
- Driving increased client satisfaction
- Drive integrated end-to-end service delivery
- Manage the outsourcing client P&L
- Champions the Operating System across the client team
- Drives a spirit of continuous improvement across product lines
- Drives the team relentlessly towards root cause
- Drives to operationally and relationship green status
- Identifies, solves for and escalates delivery risks appropriately
- Coordinates across Solutions lines to insure all interdependencies and synergies are managed
- Leads cross-functional client projects
- Work with Sales Executives on growth opportunities
- Work with Renewal Executives on renewal strategy
- Coordinate outsourcing contract negotiations
- Coordinate with Alight Account Executive to cross-sell
- Managing the overall contract management. (SLA, E&O, and business continuity, etc.)
Formal Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master's Preferred
- 10+ years prior work experience in Sales/Sales Support/Outsourcing Operations
- 5+ years senior level management experience
Core Leadership Attributes
- Strong business acumen and detail orientation on contract and financial management
- Proven leadership abilities and strategic thinking.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong client focus; model to clients what makes us unique.
- Seeks out collaborative opportunities across business segments in order to drive results.
- Translates strategic direction and client needs into team vision and deliverables.
- Encourages the use of new technology, ideas and methods when developing solutions; continuous improvement.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in time-sensitive situations.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to set and give direction and ensures good ideas are championed and implemented.
- Creates an environment of high standards, compliance and conduct through excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leads through change, influences colleagues to work together effectively.
- Able to network at all levels of the organization.
Knowledge and Experience
- External client exposure/consulting experience - experience with concepts in business-to business and/or business-to-business-to-consumer is important.
- Experience collaborating effectively in a team environment and accountability for team results - must be comfortable and skilled in developing marketing strategies and plans, as well as executing tactics in a hands-on environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Prior outsourcing experience highly desired – with ability to quickly understand the Service Operations solution model and ongoing operations. Knowledge of retirement, health, and talent preferred.
- Strong communication skills. Provides information to others both internal and external to the organization; represents the organization to customers and other external sources.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support team building: Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
- Strong ability to establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the program.
- Sales experience; ability to sell services to large, complex clients.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test.You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law.In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In