Clinical Science Director
Alameda, CA, USA | Planet Pharma
Industry:HR / Recruitment Services
Job Description:92 people have viewed this job
In collaboration with clinical and project teams of the company, designs, plans and develops clinical evaluation research studies in oncology with focus on solid tumors. Prepares and authors clinical development related documents including study synopses and protocols. Summarizes study results for preparation of documents and publications. Supports project teams with scientific information and provides progress updates related to the assigned clinical studies. Must have experience with clinical studies in oncology.
Position Requirements ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• In collaboration with the clinical teams for a specific product candidate, design, prepare and initiate study protocols and other required documentation in compliance with project plans, federal regulations, GCP and good medical practice.
• Conduct appropriate literature research for the assigned clinical product candidate.
• Collaborate with clinical operations and other internal study team members to develop Informed Consent Forms, Case Report Forms, and CRF instructions.
• Collaborates with clinical operations and other team members in the development of agendas, training materials, and presentation for site visits, investigator meetings, and other study related venues
• Participates in internal safety meetings, analyzes and reports potential safety events.
• Collaborates with team members in clinical review and interpretation of study data in support for preparation of reports for health authorities including regulatory filing documentation and study close-out reports.
• Helps to write and/or review product specific abstracts, publications, and supports the development of presentations for scientific meetings.
• Proactively provide feedback on emerging clinical and competitive trends.
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of both clinical and commercial strategies and priorities.
• Deliver high quality scientific presentations on investigational agents to physicians and other key external customers.
• Maintain clinical and technical expertise in the therapeutic area of Oncology.
• 10-25% travel requirement.
• Pharm.D., PhD, or M.D. or equivalent education.
• Three to five years clinical development experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry or a combination of academia and industry.
• Participated in clinical oncology studies with molecular targeted or immunological therapies.
• Detailed knowledge of clinical trial implementation and drug development process.
• General knowledge of other related disciplines in the execution of clinical trials.
• Identifies and implements methods and procedures to achieve results with high quality.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
• Has understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
• Applies strong analytical and business communication skills.
• Highly organized and able to work under tight timelines
• Good public speaking and presentation skills
Already a member? Sign In