Gloucester, United Kingdom | General Electric
Industry:Energy / Renewable Energy / Oil & Gas
Functions:Purchasing / Supply Chain / Logistics
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
They will lead their commodity group to deliver sustainable supply chains offering best product, best supplier performance and best value to our customers and shareholders. Always acting with a passion for what we do and ensuring we do it in a safe and compliant way. Collaborating, communicating and integrating with suppliers and internal stakeholders is key, as is a background in a similar role or other sourcing activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define supplier strategy including management and optimization of supplier panels. Lead negotiations and allocate needs to specific suppliers. Negotiate terms and conditions and transmit information to Procurement. Manage claims. Includes commercial sourcing management such as data analysis, negotiations support, etc. This may also include purchasing activities.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired expertise to execute functional policy/strategy.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor, with proven interpersonal skills. Communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered. Provides informal guidance to new team members. Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- Impacts projects, processes and procedures in own field. The role operates with some autonomy, but is focused on execution of activities/provision of advice within an enabling discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Activities require professional judgment, but may require more senior levels of guidance.
- Utilizes technical expertise and judgement to solve problems. Leverages technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- The participant will be encouraged to develop functionally, as a leader and as a person so that their career can grow in parallel with our business
- Dowty would encourage participation and attainment in either CIPS or a Masters Degree in Business administration subject to the successful applicant demonstrating the right level of performance in this role
- This role requires advanced experience in the Sourcing & Commodity Management. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Membership of CIPS
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward.Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post
Already a member? Sign In