Dulles, VA, USA | Leonardo DRS
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:48 people have viewed this job
Will be carry out various system engineering activities including designing and sustaining end-to-end satellite systems at all frequency bands using advanced space and ground segment technologies to provide fixed and mobile satellite communication services. Requires some fluency with the geosynchronous and non-geosynchronous satellite communications industry as well as the digital modem systems and platforms that utilize the satellite bandwidth.
Assists in the routine analysis of communication systems including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices. May include local and wide area networks, data, and voice communications. Networks may be one or a combination of terrestrial, wireless, or satellite.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Provide satellite link budget and capacity analysis supporting proposal development.
- Support senior technical staff in the development of integrated network solutions whether for ongoing maintenance of existing services or development of new services, as part of the proposal development process.
- Analyze and optimize satellite link performance (RF link budget analysis) based on earth station criteria and satellite performance.
- Work with satellite operators to maintain a current knowledge of their capabilities and offerings.
- Knowledge of and some experience with state-of-the art industry products for ground segment equipment and terrestrial networking infrastructure.
- Perform requirements definition inclusive of solicitation review and Q&A, design, equipment specification, pricing and documentation in collaboration with in-house technical and program management teams.
- Knowledge and design experience with VSAT signaling and access technologies including SCPC and TDM/TDMA and hybrid solutions.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Assists with resolving routine inter-operability problems to obtain operations across all platforms including e-mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like
- Configures routine systems to user environments
- Supports acquisition of standard hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Novice technical expertise
- Ability to effectively write, communicate and develop technical white papers, presentations, etc.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Department of Defense (DoD) Secret or higher level security clearance
- United States citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain U.S. Government Department of Defense (DoD) Secret level security clearance
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- Relevant college coursework in areas of wireless communication
Leonardo DRS, Inc.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Global Enterprise Solutions, Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data, voice and video applications over integrated satellite, terrestrial, and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering, installing, operating and maintaining innovative, low-risk, and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military, commercial, and relief efforts at home and around the globe.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CA #NB #CS #MM
Already a member? Sign In