Communications Program Director - IT & Innovation
Houston, TX, USA | M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
IT / Information Technology
PR & Communications
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
This Program Director, Internal Communications, drives strategic and tactical efforts for internal audiences to advance communication of goals and activities for the institution’s technology, digital, data, and innovation leaders. This includes a focus on information technology; cybersecurity; digital transformation; data governance; and related disciplines and programs. The position also supports communications related to institutional innovation, including ideation, collaboration and scalability. The position incorporates a high level of creativity, respect for confidentiality, independent planning and decision-making, and effective problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate for this Communications Program Director position will demonstrate a strong knowledge of IT services, systems and trends.
Key Job Functions
Enhance Visibility and Strategies of Leadership
- Creates, manages and evaluates communications plans to ensure the visibility of leadership, specifically as it relates to the topics of cybersecurity, data governance, technology adoption and innovation.
- Assists CTDO leadership with garnering trust through timely communication of planned and unplanned system and application outages.
- Highlights leadership who demonstrate and support innovation across all areas. Tactics may include face-to-face/virtual programs, as well as deliverables in print, online and broadcast.
Writing and Editing
- Clear, consistent writing and editing in all work product.
- Command of Associated Press Style, as well as MD Anderson style.
- Regular contributions to our publications, such as intranet News posts, and our programs and services through articles, memos, presentations, videos, scripts, slides, fliers or other materials.
Communications Program Strategies and Consulting
- Successfully develops, manages, measures and consults on internal communications focused on the institution’s technology and innovation portfolio.
- Consults, develops, implements and manages communications strategies, tactics, plans and products to communicate the goals and activities of senior leadership to internal and external audiences.
- Routinely interacts with leadership, attends key team meetings and is available for consultation.
- Supports the goals of the SVP, Chief Technology and Digital Officer and their leadership team.
- Covers a variety of topics including information services, technology, information security and innovation.
- As a member of the Internal Communications team, the role includes collaboration with colleagues from Strategic Communications and Institutional Affairs to create print, online and broadcast materials.
- Partner with and provide review of work product of others when their work involves communication of innovation and technology components.
Required: Bachelor's degree in in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
Preferred: Master's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
Required: Seven years of experience public relations, communications, writing/editing or related field and three years of lead/project management/supervisory/management experience. With preferred degree, five years of required experience. Successful completion of the LEADing Self Accelerate program may substitute for one year of required supervisory or management experience.
Preferred: Focus on Innovation & IT. Must have strong internal communication skills.IT experience.
Required: Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
Already a member? Sign In