Competitive Intelligence Manager
New York, NY, USA | Proskauer Rose
Job Description:73 people have viewed this job
Proskauer Rose is one of the nation's largest law firms, providing a wide variety of legal services to clients throughout the United States and around the world from offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Boston, Boca Raton, New Orleans, Paris, London, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Beijing.
As a firm, we are laser-focused on maintaining the right balance of outstanding client service, culture and profitability. We are continuously and strategically strengthening our core practices, operations, and most importantly our talent to elevate our brand. As such, we are always looking to enhance our Client Development team with the brightest and most creative minds to enable us to drive success for our business and ourselves. Our culture is our “special sauce” and our Client Development team mirrors our firm’s culture. We have a vibrant, entrepreneurial, supportive and inclusive approach and continuously seek to build the skills and careers of our team.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, critical thinker to assist in the development and execution of the Firm’s business development programs and initiatives. The Competitive Intelligence Manager is responsible for helping the Firm’s partners drive revenue through the delivery of strategic and proactive research and analysis that identifies possible opportunities for new business.
This position will report into the Associate Director of Business Development, manage the current Competitive Intelligence research team and work closely with the Business Development Managers and lawyers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver proactive strategic research and analysis to identify possible opportunities for new business within the parameters of the Firm’s strategic plan.
- Recognize triggers for new business and be proactive about market, legal and world developments.
- Evaluate internal and external competitive intelligence to support strategic approaches to external messaging, targeting new clients, building strategic RFP responses and expanding Firm relationships.
- Monitor industry, client or legal developments to help the Business Development team identify and communicate potential opportunities to Firm and practice leadership.
- Research, compile, organize and analyze internal and external intelligence on key clients and prospects as well as industry and market trends, competitors and industries.
- Benchmark our activities against those of global and domestic competitors; manage multiple research projects.
- Identify opportunities to build upon existing client relationships and maximize these opportunities with existing clients.
- Conduct specialized secondary research and analysis; efficiently and effectively navigate relevant resources from fee and fee-based sources.
- Analyze research tools and make recommendations as to the best sources.
- Collaborate with the Business Development and Pitch and Proposal teams to create materials that differentiate the Firm from competitors.
- Establish a process for ensuring up-to-date intelligence, including target lists for office, practices and departments.
- Provide research support, as needed, for client events/seminars, newsletters, client alerts, internal communications, sponsorships, cross-selling initiatives and other tactical business development activities.
- Manage, mentor and train junior team members.
- Create periodic activity reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in library and information science, business, marketing, communications, or a related field; JD, MBA, CFA, or equivalent licensure strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a similar role at a major professional services firm.
- Proficient in utilizing research tools, including Lexis, Westlaw, Pacer, Capital IQ, Monitor Suite, SEC filings and other free and fee based databases.
- Understanding of the broad areas of law practiced by a full-service, international law firm.
- Strong strategic business development focus with knowledge of core marketing principles.
- Excellent analytic, communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Provide consultative research advice to team members and lawyers.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Capacity to deal with complex material and concepts and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Establish and manage deadlines and prioritize appropriately.
- Can work well independently and as a member of a team; able to interact collaboratively and successfully across organizational departments and levels.
- Responsive, proactive; demonstrates high level of personal accountability.
- Maintain professional composure in high-pressure situations and a fast-paced, multi- authority environment.
Already a member? Sign In