Tampa, FL, USA | Milliman
Functions:Legal / Compliance
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
The Compliance Team in Tampa, Florida is part of Milliman, Inc., a leading provider of life and health compliance consulting services in North America. The Tampa practice was established in 1998 specializing in supplemental health products and has grown to include compliance consultants offering a range of life, health, and supplemental insurance compliance services. We work with a diverse set of clients including self-insured corporations, commercial insurance companies, governmental agencies, and risk pools. Using a variety of Milliman products and office-built tools, we look to establish and develop the highest quality compliance support and provide our clients with trusted partnerships and advice to advance the success of their business.
Team members work on a range of client projects of various sizes, and we employ a highly integrated project structure that encourages interaction across all members of the team from analysts to consultants to the Principals serving as the client leads. While most of our team’s time is spent working on projects developed within our local office, team members also have the chance to participate on certain assignments that are completed in partnership with other Milliman offices and work with employees from other Milliman life and health practices.
We believe that compliance skillsets have important applications across both our traditional work and our work in new and developing markets.We are committed to developing a pipeline of new talent and future leaders of the firm through support and interaction with senior colleagues.
• Research state and federal laws and regulations and draft compliant insurance policies, applications, and other forms
• Oversee a team of compliance professionals who are drafting policies, et al.
• Review state specific form variations
• Manage and develop junior compliance team members
• Oversee submissions of supplement health insurance SERFF filings
• Research insurance laws and regulations and provide findings to clients
• Create and maintain good client and regulator relationships
• Represent the team at industry meetings (including public speaking)
• Moderate travel is required
• Bachelor’s degree or above required in business, law, or similar field
• Ten or more years of experience in a group or individual supplemental health products
• Broad understanding of the voluntary benefits market
• Working knowledge of SERFF
• Experience in hiring and managing staff
• Proficient in research software, such as NILS, DOI websites
• Experience in public speaking
• Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
• Attention to detail and commitment to quality work
• Ability to organize complex projects
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, prioritizing and meeting deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Already a member? Sign In