San Francisco, CA, USA | Amazon
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:85 people have viewed this job
As a Compliance Engineer on the Safety Compliance Engineering team, you will be the stakeholder for the safety compliance of the products on which you work. You will collaborate with an experienced cross-functional staff to collectively conceive of, design, and produce innovative consumer products.
Your contributions will span the entire product design lifecycle—from concept to sustaining. You will determine safety compliance requirements and your input will help specify product definition, execution, and testing. You will work closely with the design teams throughout product development, and you will direct compliance testing and international certification activities to enable a global launch.
In this role, you will:
· Determine the applicable regulations, standards, and safety requirements for new and existing products.
· Communicate technical compliance requirements to design teams, operations, and contract manufacturers.
· Direct compliance testing and certification at external labs.
· Review compliance evaluations for accuracy.
· Contribute to international expansion and certification strategies.
· Maintain certification documents for continued compliance.
· Update cross-functional stakeholders of compliance activities and status.
· Oversee all aspects of hardware compliance for a device when required.
· Stay abreast of industry activities by participating in standards development committees or other industry organizations relevant to Lab126.
· Travel internationally, as needed, up to 25%
Lab126 is Amazon's consumer electronics R&D division, and we produce many devices that consumers love including Amazon Echos, Fire TV sticks, Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers, and many more devices. We constantly push technical boundaries to develop new products that delight our customers.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, computer science, or similar technical discipline
· 1+ years of experience in hardware development or compliance
· 1+ years experience reading product safety standards (e.g. UL, IEC, EN, ANSI, CSA, ISO) and extracting technical compliance requirements.
· 1+ years experience conducting product safety tests (e.g. hi-pot, leakage current, abnormal condition, fault insertion, thermal testing, accessibility, stability)
· Knowledge of electronics and mechanical design and safety
· Experience working with third-party labs or similar
· Effectively communicates technical topics to interdisciplinary audiences
· Experience conducting tests in a laboratory environment
· Experience with MS Office applications including Excel
· Master’s or PhD degree in a relevant field
· Experience reviewing product construction design for compliance including creepage, clearance, gaps, insulation, flammability, component selection
· Experience handling product compliance, submitting products for global approvals, and obtaining certifications for a global launch
· Experience evaluating the compliance of power supplies, direct-plug-ins, wearables, lasers, lighting powers, or toys
· Experience working with Asia-based development and manufacturing partners and test labs
· Experience reviewing electrical schematics and identifying potential failure modes
· Experience conducting risk assessments or failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
· Experience using JIRA or Confluence
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong cross-functional communication skills
· Strong project-management skills
Already a member? Sign In