Container Infrastructure Architect
Raleigh, NC, USA | Red Hat
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:67 people have viewed this job
The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a Container Infrastructure Architect to join the world's leading provider of open source solutions. In this role, you will collaborate with our sales team to scope customer engagements as well as lead the design and development of a hybrid cloud platform and workloads that scale to the demands of the modern digital marketplace. You'll be responsible for working with the Project Management Office (PMO) on building consistent delivery practices for defined solutions in the area of influence. You will represent Red Hat as the industry leader in cloud and container technologies. You'll bring together cross-functional teams working on Red Hat solutions to meet the needs of our most demanding customers. You’ll contribute toward customer success on project based engagements and establishing Red Hat as the defining technology company of the 21st century built on open source principles.You won't be expected to know everything on day one, but your ability to learn new technology quickly and having access to all of Red Hat's training courses will allow you to quickly develop your skills and gain certifications. This is a remote based role which requires frequent travel to customer sites and can be located anywhere in North America within close proximity to an airport and within a state where Red Hat does business.
What you will do
At 3 months, be prepared to join a project team and manage a small team of consultants by acquiring the following:
- Attain in-depth knowledge of Red Hat technologies by taking Red Hat enablement and completing learning paths across at least one of four tracks: container platform deploy and configuration, container platform operationalization, container platform virtualization, and container platform service reliability engineering (SRE) capabilities
- Apply Red Hat expertise and container platform delivery approaches to successfully scope and deliver consulting engagements with our customers
- Provide technical details to the customer in the form of presentations and workshops
Within 6 months, be ready to lead an Red Hat OpenShift platform focused project through the following:
- Lead the design and implementation of hybrid or multi-cloud implementations
- Work closely with product business, product engineering, support, and sales teams to ensure excellent customer experience with Red Hat's solutions
Within 12 months, be contributing to the solutions by accomplishing the following:
- Communicate comprehensive strategic vision for solutions to container infrastructure teams and customers
- Contribute lessons learned, best practices, and how-tos to our internal and external communities of practice
- Develop standard frameworks and methodologies to allow for repeatable Red Hat container platform deployment projects
- Provide leadership and content toward container Center of Excellence and promoted standards
What you will bring
- Associates or Bachelor's degree, or higher in computer science or a technical discipline
- 5+ years of public or private cloud architecture experience; 4+ of those years specifically focused on cloud-ready application design and deployment
- Experience leading successful modern cloud platform consulting engagements
- Experience in architecting and designing complex customer solutions in a rapidly evolving technology domain
- Linux proficiency, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Broad and deep technical experience with one or more virtualization and cloud technologies like OpenStack, Red Hat Virtualization, VMWare vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Amazon Web Services (AWS), IBM Cloud, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
- Experience across one or more vertical industry areas
- Demonstrated record of working in a strategic advisory role to senior IT and business executives, including extensive experience presenting to C-level executives at large firms
- Applied knowledge and experience working in agile, scrum, and DevOps teams
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel to customer locations about 30-40 weeks per year on average throughout North America following Red Hat’s COVID-19 guidelines
- Practical and experienced knowledge of Kubernetes on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), or Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) is a plus
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Share on your newsfeed
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Red Hat
Red Hat’s culture is built on the open source principles of transparency, collaboration, and inclusion, where the best ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. When this is realized, it empowers people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to come together to share ideas, challenge the status quo, and drive innovation. Our aspiration is that everyone experiences this culture with equal opportunity and access, and that all voices are not only heard but also celebrated. We hope you will join our celebration, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all the beautiful dimensions of diversity that compose our global village.
Read our complete Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
COVID-19 Community Standards
Being a Red Hatter means caring for one another and taking steps to protect our colleagues, customers, partners, and communities, even as personal risk tolerances and country regulations vary.
Red Hat continues to support vaccination against COVID-19 as one of the best steps we can take to contribute toward ending the pandemic and to keeping one another, our customers and partners, and our communities safe. Globally, our approach is to comply with vaccination or testing requirements in countries with them.
Read Our COVID-19 Community Standards
Equal Opportunity Policy (EEO)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Already a member? Sign In