Continuous Improvement Engineer
Columbus, NE, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Job Description:72 people have viewed this job
The role is to collect and analyse complex data and information available, and work with each business team to establish Continuous Improvement Plan for Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Cost Improvement through Blitzes using Problem Solving Methodologies, Lean Manufacturing Principles, and Six Sigma Tools. Candidate will be expected to coordinate and facilitate Continuous Improvement Events like Gemba Walk, 5S, Value Stream mapping, and provide coaching and encouragement to associates to successfully engage them in Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Work with the business team to develop CI plans, facilitate execution, and ensure ongoing controls are established to maintain the improvements made over time.
- Work directly with functional managers, coordinators, and engineers to identify CI opportunities.
- Coordinates and facilitates CI blitzes and projects.
- Accountable for ensuring CI CTW Goal is achieved, that means you need to push as well as pull and have initiative to keep improvement projects moving.
- Document current state and work with business teams in developing future state value stream maps and facilitate activities to keep on moving towards the future state
- Coordinates with Production, Engineering, and Supply Chain Managers to develop CI budgeted cost reductions.
- Integrates activities with other unit-level functions, including Operations, Enterprise, Continuous Improvement, Quality, and Regulatory.
- Work with Finance to ensure that value stream CI improvements are tracked, monitored, and trended for an appropriate time period to determine performance to expectations.
- May lead engineering projects and CAPAs as suited and required.
- Meet regularly with the business team leaders to follow up on progress of QIP actions. Keep QIP tracking sheet updated as the metric to monitor progress of all plant wide QIP actions.
- Responsible for ensuring value stream team members receive the necessary education and training in the use of Lean and Six Sigma tools aimed at the achievement of CI objectives.
- Ensures ongoing progress and adequate resources are in place to achieve goals.
- Reports results regularly to Business Team and CI Manager.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years' Lean Manufacturing experience
- Manufacturing or Process Engineering, preferably in high speed manufacturing.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Detail Oriented, ability to dissect through complex problem and find and fixed root cause.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office, SAP, CAD, MS Project and Visio.
- Knowledge in Design of Experiments
Indirect supervision over support personnel necessary for assigned project completion.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT IN THIS FACILITY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Must observe and follow all safety rules and be an example for all associates. Must follow all Quality System Requirements (GMP) regulations. Must cooperate fully with the safety and environmental program. May not pose a direct threat or significant risk to himself/herself or others. The “Essential Functions” and “Other Functions” listed in this description do not restrict the addition or deletion of any other responsibilities to this position. Management reserves the right to change any and/or all job descriptions without notice as business conditions dictate. All associates are expected to know and adhere to the Becton Dickinson Core Values which are:
- We do what is right.
- We take personal responsibility
- We anticipate and address the challenges of patients and customers globally
- We innovate and improve continuously
- We respect, collaborate, challenge and care about each other
Already a member? Sign In