Continuous Improvement Manager
Tulsa, OK, USA | Ametek
Industry:Manufacturing (Light Industry / Consumer-Oriented)
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:49 people have viewed this job
An experienced lean/six sigma professional who will lead, manage, and drive continuous improvement activities for the US Aerospace and Defense MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul) NA BU.Reporting to the VP GM of MRO, this leadership position is responsible for analyzing, developing, driving and tracking cost reductions, Work Capital improvement, employee training, deploying Visual Management, leading Kaizen improvement events, and promoting a culture of lean across the US Business Unit.This individual must possess a willingness and desire to work directly with his/her peers (and their direct reports) in the business unit to define and set a strategy for CIP efforts.
The position will require 10%-20% travel; both domestic in the U.S. and internationally in Europe. The individual will be based at one of AMETEK’s MRO NA Business Unit Locations in Tulsa, OK.
• Lead the coordination and achievement of business goals around operational excellence cost and efficiency improvements.
• Aid the businesses in Working Capital goal setting and budgeting and coordinate improvement activities and associated kaizen implementation and sustainment.
• Leader in visual management implementation and management as key tools to drive change in W/C and OpEx improvements and sustain results.
• Train MRO in understanding and deployment of Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement practices
• Establish a strategy for Continuous Improvement activities within MRO Division that include a robust and continuous improvement quality and regulatory system
• Establishing cost out targets, budgets, objectives, Kaizen event timetables, policies, capital requirements, material and labor requirements and other key metrics to track and evaluate current and new projects.
• Responsible for participation in the development and implementation of the repair and overhaul strategy and readiness to support current and future business objectives
• Preparation and presentation of strategic plans in support of long-range/short range objectives, organization, establish budgets and strategies, event timetables, policies, capital requirements, material and labor requirements in the areas on lean implementation, OpEx cost savings and W/C improvement.
• Candidates must come from a service or manufacturing based industry that embraces TPS, Lean, Kaizen and Six Sigma strategies.
• Individuals must have been successful in leadership roles that might include; Plant Management, Senior Operations Management, Quality Management, Manufacturing Engineering and or Supply Chain Management. Most importantly, they must be ready for the next significant promotion, which might not be available at their present company and must be comfortable in a highly matrixed environment.
• At least 5-10 years of experience in similar role with a history of responsible career progression in the Commercial, Private and or Military Aviation MRO industry.
• Demonstrated history of successful change implementation and implementing of operational excellence improvements such as lean manufacturing, demand flow, six sigma, tooling equivalency and compressive regulatory and quality improvement programs.
• Strong communications, interpersonal, leadership, & organizational skills.
• Familiar with manufacturing machining, test and calibration environment.
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Alrdeady a member? Sign In