Control and Protection Project Lead
Stafford, United Kingdom | General Electric
Industry:Energy / Renewable Energy / Oil & Gas
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
GE HVDC has an exciting opportunity to grow in support of the offshore renewables and HVDC interconnector market. In the role of Control Project Technical Manager you will lead a team of HVDC engineers to design and deliver full HVDC controls system within project deadlines, cost and quality guidelines. Managing stakeholders effectively is an integral part of this role to meet project objectives.
- Technical management of the Control & Protection system deliverables and close coordination with operation team, hardware team, NPI team, product care and system design team during project lifecycle.
- Ability to understand project technical specification to identify and validate product gap during project initiation phase.
- Project management leadership to prepare project delivery plan, monitoring and controlling the progress to maintain on time delivery.
- Delimitation of the scope of delivery, scheduling, resource planning, effort estimation as well as management of opportunities and risks.
- To provide an effective leadership to lead a team of 10 to 20 engineers during project lifecycle and take their best to benefit the project.
- Responsible for subcontracting project deliverables (as and when required ) , implementation of required changes in process and reporting project progress to associated stakeholders.
- Proactively manage scope creep as per change management process.
- To review technical blockers and liaise with all stakeholders to find the technical solutions and unblock the team progress.
- To contribute to the reviews with technical inputs and strategies.
- Support a standard product methodology mindset, seek opportunities to re-use solutions, improve quality and reliability whilst reducing the delivery timeline and associated costs
- Encourage a culture of continues improvement within team.
- To maintain return of experience by continuous update during the project delivery cycle
Qualifications / Requirements
- Engineering degree with several year of experience in HVDC controls technology.
- Experienced in project management / technical leadership to drive an engineering teams to meet challenging timescales, budgets, and quality standards.
- Take a pro-active approach to ensuring Health & Safety is paramount, including conducting Risk Assessments where necessary
- Strong customer (Internal and External) interface experience.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to identify and manage scope creep and risks.
- Proven skills in supervision of technical team with strong technical background.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experienced in creating and presenting technical reports and responding to clients’ technical questions
- Ability to understand and communicate customer requirements, lead technical discussions with customers and delivery teams
- Understanding of control systems Engineering, software and hardware principles and requirements management
- Able to work to deadlines under pressure whilst maintaining the safety, quality, and engineering integrity of the solution
- Experienced in technical leadership / technical project management.
- Experience working in power sector preferably in HVDC industry.
- Experienced in project management tools and applications.
- An effective leadership to engage with team and create an environment of mutual trust within team.
Already a member? Sign In