Skokie, IL, USA | Tenneco
Job Description:73 people have viewed this job
Federal-Mogul has recently been acquired by Tenneco. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®.The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for a Controls Engineer to join our Skokie, IL Facility. This position will be hands-on automation, robotics, and control system engineer. This position designs, implements, maintains automation/robotic/logic systems in the Skokie Plant in support of Skokie 25 and value stream-specific productivity improvement projects. They will also work to implement new systems and troubleshoot/improve existing systems.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our hiring manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Analyze plant processes for opportunities to improve productivity through automation and/or new technology.
- Design, implement, and maintain automation, robotics, vision systems, and control systems in manufacturing processes to improve team member safety, product quality, plant efficiency, and reduce cost.
- Design, write, modify, review PLC programs and ladder logic.
- Troubleshoot existing automation, robotics, vision systems, and control systems to maintain production reliability; develop creative solutions to equipment/process problems.
- Develop Preventative Maintenance program for automation, robotics, vision systems, and control systems; construct key spare parts lists and system to maintain; develop TPM programs for key systems.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and advancements in automation/control systems; leverage new technology to advance the Skokie Plant.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously as needed.
- Interface with outside vendors to select and specify equipment needs.
- Review 3rd party integration vendors for effectiveness and capabilities.
- Maintain excellent documentation of program/process changes.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mechatronics or related field.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years directly relevant experience designing, implementing, and maintaining automation/control systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong technical background with passion for manufacturing technology with a desire and ability to envision new manufacturing concepts.
- Proficient in electronics, mechanics, robotics, vision systems, and PLC programming.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Proficient at reading and drafting electrical diagrams.
- Possess strong cause-effect analytical ability to solve problems.
- Possess process/application knowledge of manufacturing processes employed at the Skokie Plant.
Already a member? Sign In