Corporate Counsel, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Webster, NY, USA | Xerox Learning Services
Functions:Legal / Compliance
Job Description:50 people have viewed this job
Description & Requirements
About Xerox Holdings Corporation
For more than 100 years, Xerox has continually redefined the workplace experience. Harnessing our leadership position in office and production print technology, we’ve expanded into software and services to sustainably power today’s workforce. From the office to industrial environments, our differentiated business solutions and financial services are designed to make every day work better for clients — no matter where that work is being done. Today, Xerox scientists and engineers are continuing our legacy of innovation with disruptive technologies in digital transformation, augmented reality, robotic process automation, additive manufacturing, Industrial Internet of Things and cleantech. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xerox is in the early stages of a strategic transformation. We’re leveraging the power of our existing platform of free cash flow every year to reinvigorate our iconic brand, reignite our innovation engine and optimize our operations, all while maintaining our reputation for quality and reliability. The success of this transformation hinges on the talent and commitment of our team. We need strong communicators with excellent interpersonal skills who thrive working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This role in particular requires a highly-motivated, energetic, and flexible in-house attorney to provide legal counsel to Xerox’s Corporate Benefits group on employee benefits and executive compensation.
The successful candidate will be based in the Company’s headquarters in Norwalk, CT, but there will be flexibility to work out of the Company’s other offices in the New York metro area (in Midtown and Long Island).
- Providing counsel on new benefit plan designs and implementation
- Providing ongoing health and welfare benefit plan counseling and qualified retirement plan counseling
- Providing counsel on ERISA regulatory compliance
- Drafting plan amendments
- Negotiating and drafting benefit plan vendor contracts
- Working with inside and outside litigation counsel to advise on ERISA litigation
- Supporting lobbying efforts in connection with legislative, regulatory and case law developments in the executive compensation/benefits/ERISA/tax area and interpreting how certain legislation, regulations or case law might impact our benefit plans
- Providing counsel in connection with corporate transactions/due diligence issues that arise that have benefit plan implications
- Providing support to in-house executive compensation counsel with respect to executive compensation counseling, including counseling on incentive plan designs and amendments, equity award agreements, cash bonus awards, compensation committee resolutions and review of committee materials, and counseling on 409A and NYSE requirements in connection with executive compensation plans and awards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as an attorney practicing in the areas of employee benefits and executive compensation
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent client relation skills
- Bachelor’s and Juris Doctor degree from a top quality, nationally recognized, accredited college or university, preferably in top 25% of graduating class
- Admission in good standing in at least one state bar, preferably Connecticut (would need to become Authorized House Counsel in CT if not admitted in CT)
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Already a member? Sign In