Credit Risk & Portfolio Management, Vice President - Auto, Transport, & Mobility
Los Angeles, CA, USA | SMBC Group
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation is hiring a Vice President within the Lending Management department.This role is responsible for lending and portfolio management and will cover the Auto & Transportation industry within the broader US Corporate Banking (USCB) organization. This position sits in the front office and will work with Relationship Managers (RM's) as a liaison from the division's Lending Management Group (LMG) to facilitate a greater number of client transactions for the Bank.
- While this is an individual contributor role, there is an opportunity to assist with the training and development of junior staff in credit analysis, internal procedure and policy, transaction execution, and workload.
- Drive the preparation of credit applications and customer on-boarding in conjunction with the credit department, the risk management department, and compliance.
- Negotiation and review of credit and other transaction documentation, in conjunction with internal legal and other back office functions.
- Oversee and manage ongoing credit monitoring per internal policy, portfolio reporting, portfolio management, and credit cost oversight.
- Process transaction-related requests, such as amendments and waivers to existing credit documentation.
- Leverage the expertise and capabilities of other SMBC businesses in alignment with the strategy of the Bank.
- Relationship building across SMBC to obtain a detailed understanding of the overall needs of our corporate clients to facilitate seamless execution.
- Drive an active portfolio management culture, stay abreast of industry/client trends and developments.
- Strong knowledge of the Auto & Transportation industry.
- Knowledge of loan structuring and debt capital structure across the corporate ratings grid.
- Expert level of experience in credit, proposing and negotiating loan documentation, and loan structuring.
- A deep understanding of the large corporate client base.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail; clearly articulates viewpoint orally and in written materials.
- Comfortable presenting in front of senior management.
- Understanding of market trends with flexibility to react quickly to changing market conditions.
- Effectively partner with other internal teams and product areas and viewed as being collegial and collaborative while driving transactions to completion.
- Knowledge of all elements of risk, including legal and compliance regulations pertaining to lending.
- Strong knowledge of the full suite of corporate banking products (FX, IRS, Trade, Cash Management, Supply Chain Finance, DCM, Leasing, etc).
- Solid understanding of loan documentation and deal closing.
SMBC’s employees participate in a hybrid workforce model that provides employees with an opportunity to work from home, as well as, from an SMBC office. SMBC requires that employees live within a reasonable commuting distance of their office location. Prospective candidates will learn more about their specific hybrid work schedule during their interview process.
SMBC Group is a top-tier global financial group. Headquartered in Tokyo and with a 400-year history, SMBC Group offers a diverse range of financial services, including banking, leasing, securities, credit cards, and consumer finance. The Group has more than 130 offices and 80,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. (SMFG) is the holding company of SMBC Group, which is one of the three largest banking groups in Japan. SMFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: SMFG) stock exchanges.
In the Americas, SMBC Group has a presence in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru. Backed by the capital strength of SMBC Group and the value of its relationships in Asia, the Group offers a range of commercial and investment banking services to its corporate, institutional, and municipal clients. It connects a diverse client base to local markets and the organization’s extensive global network. The Group’s operating companies in the Americas include Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. (SMBC), SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc., SMBC Capital Markets, Inc., SMBC Rail Services LLC, Manufacturers Bank, JRI America, Inc., SMBC Leasing and Finance, Inc., Banco Sumitomo Mitsui Brasileiro S.A., and Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Co., Ltd.
SMBC is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. SMBC provides reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities consistent with applicable law.
Already a member? Sign In