New York, NY, USA | MetLife
Industry:Insurance - General
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:1 people have viewed this job
Role Value Proposition:
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) serves as a central point of accountability between IT Infrastructure and its various partners across IT and the business globally. The team is tasked with establishing a uniform relationship-driven service that aligns with both the line of business and Technology strategies. Overall, this position will lead a team of Relationship Executives that will position Infrastructure as a trusted IT advisor, streamline how IT does business with
their partners, and ensure Infrastructure offers clearly defined products and services designed to achieve MetLife’s business goals and objectives.
The role has a strong focus on the promotion of shared infrastructure services to standardize infrastructure architecture and enable appropriate technology investments. This position requires thought leadership and direction to support a complex infrastructure located across EMEA countries.
Goals of the position are:
- Serve as a ‘trusted advisor’ to the enterprise and global business regarding IT services and capabilities, aligning infrastructure, business, and application strategies.
- Provide thought leadership and direction in establishing Centers of Expertise (COE), and Shared Services in support of Global Infrastructure
- Provide direction and leadership to ensure IT operates as an integrated team pursuing the strategic objectives of MetLife
- Promote the use of standard technology and architecture by offering solutions/options to enable business strategies and objectives.
- Responsible for setting the organization’s strategy in developing and maintaining positive client relations, creating synergies among various functions within the company to ensure MetLife strategies are met
- Plan and drive strategic change initiatives and trend analysis throughout Global Technology & Operations.
- Responsible for ensuring the organizing and chairing of formal service level review meetings
- Presents and articulates the benefits and capabilities of the Enterprise Infrastructure strategy to business and technology partners at an executive level
- Sets the strategic planning by active participation in all Line of Business (LOB)‘s Investment, Operating and local program governance boards
- Provides thought leadership and guidance by incorporating regional initiatives, needs, and structures into formal account plans
- Directs and manages account level business plans and opportunity plans for the business
- Maintaining knowledge of industry trends to continue to measure relationship managements success
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Reports to: SVP, IT Infrastructure International GIS
- Direct reports/team: 8 directs/100+ total team
- Key Stakeholders: Regional CIO and Sr. “C” level Business partners
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- BS in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MBA will be preferred
- 15+ years proven experience as CTO, Regional IT Delivery Center or similar managerial role in a large, global corporate environment [preferably financial services industry]
- In depth understanding of the Enterprise Infrastructure products and services.
- Executive presence and the gravitas to drive strategy and operations.
- Customer knowledge relationship and service focus.
- Demonstrated ability to Inspire, motivate, and empower others.
- Strong Executive leadership skills; collaborative partner able to influence and drive accountability across organizational, geographic and domain boundaries for alignment, approvals, decision-making and governance. Experience leading large, global matrix managed initiatives
- Excels at leading and directing activities of distributed, global teams and ability to direct, motivate and develop project staff in an evolving environment. Fosters teamwork and collaboration. Proven experience building accountable teams empowered to achieve results.
- Strong analytical skills, proven ability to influence and negotiate complex situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with high emotional intelligence and the ability to work with all levels of management across all functional areas
- Strong financial acumen and analysis to build the appropriate business case
- Executive level relationship building/management, risk management and vendor governance experience
- Knowledge of IT Risk and Compliance (including audit and regulatory inspections)
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent in an enterprise environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strategic thinker: conceive, plan and manage information technology to support complex business initiatives
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Motivates People – Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seizes Opportunity – Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Grows Talent – Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance
Already a member? Sign In